countersigning passports

all 4 of my family have just filled in our applications for our passports,but we need them to be signed by a doctor/teacher.we ahve 4 so just dont really want to take all 4 in the doctors,is there anybody else we can ask,my children are 4 and 1 so i could maybe ask the nursery teacher,would that count?
thanks
appreciate what you have got x

Comments

• Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    Hi your c/sig can be a teacher or nurse or dentist or headteacher or say an accountant or engineer - anybody professionally qualified who has known you for more than 2 years - if yours are renewals you don't need a countersignature- hope this helps
    Titch :)
  • alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Yes, just agreeing that you don't need them to be countersigned if they are renewals which is fabulous.

My friend is a GP and will not sign passports any more, not even for a fee as you must put down the countersignatory's passport number etc and a lot of professionals are reluctant to do this now.

My passport came in a record 10 days from when I sent it in :) Just got it 2 days ago.

Also, don't go the expense of check and send for renewals as you only have 2 sections to fill in.

BUT if you are worried about the phots, the size of your head and not smiling etc, the post office will check them for free for you with the little plastic measuring thingy that they have to make them UKPA standards.
  • sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just remember some professionals will charge for doing this,as my sis found out when she asked her doctor to do this,she said he charges £30 to countersign for 1 passport.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its £30 in our doctors surgery too.
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    scooper wrote:
    all 4 of my family have just filled in our applications for our passports,but we need them to be signed by a doctor/teacher.we ahve 4 so just dont really want to take all 4 in the doctors,is there anybody else we can ask,my children are 4 and 1 so i could maybe ask the nursery teacher,would that count?
    thanks

yes a teacher would count regardless of who they teach but a 'nursery nurse 'cant do you not know anyone who works in your local post office cos they can also do it; a neighbour works in our local po and she signed it for my son
  • zappahey
    zappahey Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Civil servants can do it too, so if you know any DSS, Customs, Inland Revenue, Defence, etc. employees then talk nice to them.
    What goes around - comes around
  • princess
    princess Posts: 278 Forumite
    ....speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, chiropodists, paramedics, qualified librarians, ministers of religion......
  • harrie_2
    harrie_2 Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    i used the post office the postmaster done it free of charge
  • As a teacher I wouldn't sign the form for children I teach. I have to put some of my personal details on that form so would only do it for a friend. You can also get it signed by a license holder or a company director. Anyone you know with a small business who has a limited company can sign
    The best things in life are NOT free - but they sure are cheaper with MSE!:j
  • A Nursery nurse did it for me. (countersign that is)
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport