CO-OP Frozen Turkeys Half Price

Comments

• squigs
    squigs Posts: 3,241 Forumite
    If you can't get one of the co-op frozen turkeys try going to one of the major supermarkets on Christmas eve afternoon. It is nearly always possible to get a fresh turkey at half price or even less!:)
    N1LDA:D
  • just rang my local large co-op the frozen ones are half price the fresh ones aren't, hope that helps :) the co-op meat are usually happier meat than most supermarkets :) x
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Need to get it today so as to defrost & pimp it up Nigella stylee.
    Have printed the coupon so will nip out & see what I can find.
  • supers
    supers Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been in my co-op tonight and the turkeys frozen are cheaper than tesco etc £8 small £10 medium thats up to 6.5kg and large £12 in my store mainly sold out i wanted a medium and he said only about 6 small ones left and he wasnt having anymore which i thought was stupid to run out this early. :-( ill will check again tomorrow but will have to go to sainsburys if they dont have any, saved my divi vouchers for mine as well.
  • im-lost
    im-lost Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    just rang my local large co-op the frozen ones are half price the fresh ones aren't, hope that helps :) the co-op meat are usually happier meat than most supermarkets :) x

Yes, because Christmas is such a joyful occasion for a turkey :D
  • loobylou232
    loobylou232 Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    supers wrote: »
    I have been in my co-op tonight and the turkeys frozen are cheaper than tesco etc £8 small £10 medium thats up to 6.5kg and large £12 in my store mainly sold out i wanted a medium and he said only about 6 small ones left and he wasnt having anymore which i thought was stupid to run out this early. :-( ill will check again tomorrow but will have to go to sainsburys if they dont have any, saved my divi vouchers for mine as well.

Frozen turkeys need defrosting, and really, after tonight, there won't be enough time to defrost a turkey larger than about 3.5kg.
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Frozen turkeys need defrosting, and really, after tonight, there won't be enough time to defrost a turkey larger than about 3.5kg.

and don't forget to put the sprouts on tonight too :rotfl:
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    surely there's loads of time still to defrost a turkey! I hope so anyway...mine's still in the freezer and I won't take it out till tomorrow!
  • A frozen turkey takes longer than 2 days to defrost and they do say you are supposed to defrost them in the fridge, they seem to take forever to defrost in the fridge.

You don't wanna end up doing a Royle Family on it. :)
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Half of whos price ?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure