Free Asian recipe book

jimsmillions
jimsmillions Posts: 177 Forumite
From the British Heart foundation (A donation is suggested but not compulsory)

A colourful cookery book full of mouthwatering, healthy Asian and fusion recipes.

Format: Book, 100 pages
Language: English

Date Published: 18/03/2008

https://www.bhf.org.uk/publications/view-publication.aspx?ps=1000099

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: British Heart Foundation has said it can't send out hard copies of the recipe booklet due to low stock, but has kindly provided a free download which can be accessed via the above link. Thanks to jimsmillions for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• FlyingDutchman
    FlyingDutchman Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Thanks, jimsmillions.

It does ask you to 'register', but that basic information is just used to post the book to you. There are a number of opt-outs once you've filled your details.

However, you can set up an account by providing a password, once you've ordered. This helps you donate quicker when/if you return to the site.
    Life's what you make it....

"I've got one, two, three, [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE]... senses working overtime..", XTC. :sad:

Life beyond voluntary work scares me, but what else is there? :cry:
  • MrsShawToBe
    MrsShawToBe Posts: 594 Forumite
    Sorry but I think its a bit wrong to take advantage of a charity like this.

I would hope anyone who takes this book makes a small donation at least.
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I got this book in the week. It is a large flip chart A4 size book.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    What on earth does 'Asian' mean? There's a huge variety of different foods, recipes, cultural food traditions, in Asia. Think of India alone, then you've got China and all the other countries.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    great thanks I will shove something into the charity box next time im near one of there shops
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • jimsmillions
    jimsmillions Posts: 177 Forumite
    Sorry but I think its a bit wrong to take advantage of a charity like this.

I would hope anyone who takes this book makes a small donation at least.

Hi, yeh maybe should have worded it a bit better. Making a donation would be good :D
  • john_kent
    john_kent Posts: 425 Forumite
    I use their shop often and have picked up some good stuff from there. When I had to move from my furnished flat last year as the landlord hadnt paid mortgage , I moved to another and had nx to no furniture. Bought some good quality items. Alwas get rid off things there as well.

Best buy was a fully automatic mobility chair for girlfriends dad. We were quoted £1000 for one yet the day we moved we saw one in BHF for £80 and it was so new all th cables were still in a box.
  • moos_mummy_2
    moos_mummy_2 Posts: 150 Forumite
    I also hope people will donate something, I know a freebie is a freebie but the BHF do a lot of good work and even popping a few pence loose in your pocket into their charity boxes is a big help if everyone did it x
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What on earth does 'Asian' mean? There's a huge variety of different foods, recipes, cultural food traditions, in Asia. Think of India alone, then you've got China and all the other countries.
    I won this last year in a draw and haven't used it once, mainly because I don't eat meat. From memory, the recipes are very basic, and mostly Indian although heavly anglicised. I think I left it with my mum (who is an excellent cook) so it's most probably gathering dust now!

I think it's aimed at getting the S Asian community to cut fat out of their diets / non-asians to eat low fat but tasty meals. So overall a good intention but no great shakes for accomplished cooks.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    moos_mummy wrote: »
    I also hope people will donate something, I know a freebie is a freebie but the BHF do a lot of good work and even popping a few pence loose in your pocket into their charity boxes is a big help if everyone did it x
    Although I contribute regularly to heart and cancer charities, I have a bit of an issue with a reliance on charitable foundations doing work that should be funded by the NHS. A lack of national investment in healthcare is a serious oversight.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure