Christmas pudding - Aldi or Lidl?

I can't remember for the life of me which of those two was the one that came out best in a taste test last year.
Has anyone seen any similar taste tests done for this year?
I used to make my own puds but they cost more than the end product in Aldi or Lidl where they are less than £4 for a big one.
Thanks.

Comments

• Our local paper did a test on Christmas puds and the Lidl version came out above Marks & Spencers. Asda's Extra Special Christmas Pudding won with 5/5

Here's their verdict:

ROWAN HILL BAKERY MATURED CHRISTMAS PUDDING (From Lidl)

Made with almonds, pecans and cherries, laced with brandy, sherry, cognac and rum. £2.99 for 454g.

We tested the larger version of this pudding as an individual one wasn't available. It was a lovely round shape which would look very good garnished with a sprig of holly. The texture was cakey and quite dry with a lot of nuts. Interestingly, the mixed spice contained no less than 8 ingredients, including mustard, feenel and coriander. Good value for money. 4/5

I will buy one on my next visit to Lidl.
  • Thanks rose. I looked at these in Lidl yesterday and very nearly bought one. I think they were on special offer too.
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    I dont know if the lidls puds have changed or not, but they are gorgeous, I love the almonds :drool:
  • I love these boards!

Last year we bought a Duchy Original Christmas cake for DH's mum. It wasn't that great - and of course very expensive. What are the cakes like in Lidl?;)
  • I love Aldi and Lidl products and use these in a hamper for my mum at Christmas along with lots of other goodies. Yum I'm hungry.
  • I had Lidl's Christmas Pud last year and it was lovely. Love their Stollen too of course.
  • It was the Aldi one that won last year - and not even their nice one it was the cheaper of the two they sell.

Joe
  • I had Lidl's Christmas Pud last year and it was lovely. Love their Stollen too of course.

that's good to know that their Stollen is nice - we just bought one!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shell :cheesy:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    £2 savers club: £60!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business