Cheap Airport Parking: Stansted Airport hints, tips and local parking

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903
First Post
Forumite
edited 20 June 2023 at 3:37PM in Motoring
What’s this about? Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Cheap Stansted Airport Parking

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Discussions Related MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals

Comments

• highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I'll start off!

http://www.arival.co.uk/

£5 per day. Close to Stansted, with 24 hour FREE transfers to the airport. Not used them to give a review yet...
  • ozvaldinho
    ozvaldinho Posts: 446 Forumite
    It's been a couple of years now since I last did it, but here goes...

1. Park in the village of Stansted Mountfitchet, lots of residential streets with no parking restrictions. But PLEASE be courteous and don't block peoples' driveways etc.

2.Jump on the train. The station is right in the middle of the village, and it's 5 minutes and just a couple of quid each way to Stansted.

3. Don't tell anyone it was me who told you.:wink:
  • adaze
    adaze Posts: 623
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ozvaldinho wrote: »
    It's been a couple of years now since I last did it, but here goes...

1. Park in the village of Stansted Mountfitchet, lots of residential streets with no parking restrictions. But PLEASE be courteous and don't block peoples' driveways etc.

2.Jump on the train. The station is right in the middle of the village, and it's 5 minutes and just a couple of quid each way to Stansted.

3. Don't tell anyone it was me who told you.:wink:

Would be interested if anyone has done this recently?
  • highguyuk wrote: »
    Well I'll start off!

£5 per day. Close to Stansted, with 24 hour FREE transfers to the airport. Not used them to give a review yet...

Can someone please tell me if they have used this, not sure if it's genuine....

Thanks
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SugarFree wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if they have used this, not sure if it's genuine....

Thanks

Please don't get me worried! I've just booked with them! lol.

I'll post when I come back to let you know if I came back via my car or the train... :p
  • adaze
    adaze Posts: 623
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Me too, saved £28, the alternative was £63 with Pink Elephant :beer:
  • GrahamW
    GrahamW Posts: 30 Forumite
    I've just come back and used the Hilton Hotel - Overnight accommodation and 15 days parking - used Quidco for booking the Hilton. One thing they fail to mention is that it's £2 per person on their courtesy bus from the Hotel to the airport - about a 10 minute journey. The bus is free coming back from the airport to get your car. Worked out easy for me.

I used BAA Valet Parking last month, it was expensive but very convenient - booked online the night before.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
    Well I'll start off!

We used them this week, a new company but really good service. It cost us £20 with a taxi to and from the airport. We'll be using them again.
    Well I'll start off!

Hi, has anyone else has positive experiences with Arival? Really want to book with them, but a little wary because there's only one good feedback message on them so far. Just want to make sure they're genuine! Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback