Intelligent Finance - How do you pay in cheques

2»

Comments

• Melly31
    Melly31 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Hi,

I have an account with Intelligent Finance & you do have to post cheques to them.
    Alternatively you can take them into your local post office who will post them free of charge & give you a receipt.
    Hope that's helped?

Mel.
  • Heng_Leng wrote: »
    I'm confused :confused:

Isn't Halifax not just a trading name of Bank of Scotland PLC now?

I thought that the idea of the change of structure, and the new bank notes that BoS recently issued?

Surely that means that it is a clearing bank?

No, they had to change their banking licence only

Halifax are still not a clearing bank - and are still separate in their own right, as IF and BM are
  • s1h
    s1h Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I now have 3 cheques I need to pay into my Intelligent finance account.

Where do I send them to? What address? The cheque book has paying in slips with it so I imagine I send one of those with the cheques but dont know where to their website doesnt cover it.

What I do find strange is although you cant pay it in at a branch the paying in slips have a bit for a cashiers stamp.
  • http://www.if.com/info/contactus.asp

why don't you phone them
  • When I changed my direct debits to my new current account from IF a few years back they sent me a list of the instructions. What was interesting was that at the top of the page was a roll number, the type Halifax use.

Halifax had previously told me that they could accept payments into my IF account only with a roll number, something which IF had never previously provided.
    RIP independent MSE.
    Died 1st June 2012
  • veryunsure
    veryunsure Posts: 249 Forumite
    I pay the cheque into a current account at a high street bank (HSBC in my case) and then transfer the money electronically into my IF account.

Easier than waiting for the post!
  • Are you guys serious? It took me 10 seconds to find out. Send it to PO BOX 17316, Edinburgh, EH 12 1AY. At the back of the Cheque write Plan Number and Account Number and Sort Code. Hey presto. Now go out and play!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure