CPP claim form

Comments

• Have a look at the Paul Lewis money blog! It explains that in the letter are the reasons for mis-selling and you should copy at least one into the box asking why you wish to be considered for compensation.
  • Surely the answer to this question is on the front of the compensation form, where is makes the two points about:
    (a) not needing the 100k of unauthorised transactions as the card issuer was responsible and
    (b) not needing the 5k cover of unauthorised transactions that occur before you inform CPP as your bank and card issuer would cover this.

I am just going to write the above and believe I have been mis-sold on this basis.
  • aayush
    aayush Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    well I am waiting for my from and have also contacted my cc company for charges before 2005 , But have not forgotten of the account numbers re the cc involved will it make any difference and how do get the numbers to which this relates to
  • aayush
    aayush Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mojo1891 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Paul Lewis money blog! It explains that in the letter are the reasons for mis-selling and you should copy at least one into the box asking why you wish to be considered for compensation.

can you send me the link for the above blog please
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aayush wrote: »
    can you send me the link for the above blog please

Hi, think this is the link you want.

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/cpp-compensation-how-to-claim.html
  • I've had loads of credit and store cards over the years. Don't always use them and have moved on from lots, cutting them up and throwing out the policy details. I've just received my CPP claim form and have no idea which card my claim might apply to. How do I find out or does it not matter?
  • Surely the answer to this question is on the front of the compensation form, where is makes the two points about:
    (a) not needing the 100k of unauthorised transactions as the card issuer was responsible and
    (b) not needing the 5k cover of unauthorised transactions that occur before you inform CPP as your bank and card issuer would cover this.

I am just going to write the above and believe I have been mis-sold on this basis.
    Which are exactly the two reasons I have given. Fortunately I kept my original policy documents from 1997 when I took out the policy (@ £21 for 3 years!) so I could confirm the amounts quoted as they say in the letter that comes with the claim form these amounts varied depending on when the policy was sold, so you should check your policy details 'cos I'm sure they could use that as a get out if you put in the wrong amount for your case!!
  • Icesaver wrote: »
    I'm sure they could use that as a get out if you put in the wrong amount for your case!!
    No one will receive more (or less) than they actually paid, so it doesn't matter what amount you put on the form. You can put "unsure" and the payment will still be made.

The form is not seeking to "trick" anyone out of redress. Do remember that the forms are sent to everyone who had CPP. All you have to do is convince them the policy was mis-sold, not provide proof that you had it or how much you paid.
  • Like most people, I also received my claim form at the weekend. Can anyone advise how I find out what I have been paying eg "ID fraud protection" or "card protection"

Thank you.
  • No one will receive more (or less) than they actually paid, so it doesn't matter what amount you put on the form. You can put "unsure" and the payment will still be made.

The form is not seeking to "trick" anyone out of redress. Do remember that the forms are sent to everyone who had CPP. All you have to do is convince them the policy was mis-sold, not provide proof that you had it or how much you paid.
    I didn't mean the amount of premium paid but the amount of cover they offered. They said in the letter it could have varied
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure