Carboot sales in Wakefield or surrounding areas please

Comments

• el_gringo_3
    el_gringo_3 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Is Donny too far? There used to be a huge one down near the racecourse, i believe its moved to the keepmoat stadium car park recently though.
  • jollymummy
    jollymummy Posts: 944 Forumite
    DitaBombita - it's Grange Moor
    JM
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • If you want a Car Boot sale near Wakefield then its got to be Dewsbury Rams on Owl Lane.
  • Yep the best car boot in dewsbury is the one at dewsbury rams . We used to live near there and every time we had a clear out we took it there . Did one there a few weeks ago and took around 350 quid just on bits and pieces we didn't have any large items.
    Lots and lots of people seem to visit to buy it's usually very busy.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • The Dewsbury Rugby one gets a bit quieter in winter, but if the weather is half decent it can still attract some good numbers. In summer its heaving.
    The bootless market stall sale is better on the weather front, but you have to lug all your stuff from the municipal car parks about 250 yards away. Also, if there's just one of you, you can't lock everything up and go to the toilet!!
    Also, I think its a bit dearer.
  • Well the Pontefract road car boot at Leeds has now been closed permanently by the police and trading standards. A shame really as there were some very honest traders there among the counterfeit sellers.

I wonder where the good traders will go now?
  • David_the_Trader
    David_the_Trader Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 27 February 2010 at 8:55AM
    In Leeds there is a good large summer one at Arthington Showground - nowhere near Arthington but on the airport road and chevin road crossroad near the airport. There is an all-year one down the hill into Otley - at Otley Farmer's Market. Both Sundays. Plus, the organiser is starting one in Wakefield from Sunday 28 February. Car Boot Calendar is a UK publication with comprehensive listings nationwide.
  • Went to New Smithfield Wholesale Market, Ashton Old Road in Openshaw Manchester.
    It was very busy, and I saw a few traders from the closed down Leeds Cross Green market, wonder where the rest went?
    Anyone know if the J34 M62 bootsale is on?
    I'm assuming it's off in the winter as you'd need chest waders and a landrover in the seriously wet months :)

Jon
  • superhans
    superhans Posts: 338 Forumite
    edited 21 March 2010 at 6:03AM
    gogwana wrote: »
    Went to New Smithfield Wholesale Market, Ashton Old Road in Openshaw Manchester.
    It was very busy, and I saw a few traders from the closed down Leeds Cross Green market, wonder where the rest went?
    Anyone know if the J34 M62 bootsale is on?
    I'm assuming it's off in the winter as you'd need chest waders and a landrover in the seriously wet months :)

Jon

J34 M62 is Whitley Bridge and is now open, it's near Eggborough power station, on the opposite side of the M62,

Open to stall holders at 5am, buyers need to arrive around 6.30am as most people should be set up by then,

The road to the car park is very rough,

A lot of the stolen tools people have moved to this carboot from the Pontefract Lane carboot in Leeds, I counted at least 4 in one line.
  • Wkdwill
    Wkdwill Posts: 825 Forumite
    In Leeds there is a good large summer one at Arthington Showground - nowhere near Arthington but on the airport road and chevin road crossroad near the airport. There is an all-year one down the hill into Otley - at Otley Farmer's Market. Both Sundays. Plus, the organiser is starting one in Wakefield from Sunday 28 February. Car Boot Calendar is a UK publication with comprehensive listings nationwide.

Do you know anything about the Wakefield one, we have nipped round a few times and there has never been anything there and no one seems to know anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure