Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• "This property is a beautifully restored London town house with a unique blend of Victorian grandeur and contemporary luxury. Wonderfully maintaining the style of an aristocratic mansion, the hotel provides the perfect location for access to the world-famous Knightsbridge shops, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, Royal Albert Hall and South Kensington Museums: The Natural History Museum, Science Museum..."

Grange Strathmore Hotel
    41 Queens Gate Gardens
    London
    SW7 5NB
    UNITED KINGDOM

Trip Advisor link: I can't post it as I'm a new registrant. Will tell you what it's like when I've returned from the trip to the hotel that I've just booked. Trip Advisor doesn't look that promising though :(
  • Quick update on the above post. The Strathmore Grange was no way a 4 star hotel. Quite a nice location, handy for Gloucester Road Tube, but our twin room was nothing special for 85 GBP. Best avoided if other options present themselves.
  • Lou82 wrote: »
    Just booked the below for £136 and it is the ANDAZ!

This amazing 5 star hotel in the heart of all that's London is within walking distance to Tower Bridge, Tower of London, St Pauls Cathedral & Tate Modern. With the tube on the hotels' doorstep, the West Ends shopping & theatre district can be reached within minutes as well as the o2 Arena only a short trip away. Location is prime to access all major airports & the Eurostar, and with a variety of dining options & a number of inclusions in the rate, this hotel is the perfect choice for all guests

Just seen this offered for £136 as a top secret hotel on lastminute for a date in january however on the Andaz site you can get a Queen room for £113 for the same date, just be careful there are some bargains but do your homework not all dates work out cheaper.
  • I stayed at the Andaz earlier in the year and it was one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. My girlfriend arranged it and I think she upgraded the room - it was very spacious, ultra modern and the bed was enourmous. Very nice feel to the place and a good location. Would recommend. The only downside - I ordered a cheese sandwich and it turned up with no cheese (which was actually quite amusing - especially when they sent a porter up with a plate containing three perefectly sliced and arranged bits of Edam).

In addition I stayed at the Grange City hotel a month or so ago - I think that's been a secret hotel. Right next to Tower Hill tube. Nice hotel but the room felt a bit "old". We had a smoking room (not my normal choice - even as a smoker) and it stank. Would not recommend. I'm sure the non-smoking rooms are much nicer. Overall though I thought the hotel was not bad.
  • I have been looking at the top secret hotels for a 1 night stay on 3rd January 2010.
    Although the prices are reasonable, I just wanted to know if the price is likely to drop, if I waited a little longer before booking ??
    When life throws you lemons...put them in a gin and tonic !!
  • Hi again

I know I have posted this before, but I have been searching and I really can't find out the hotel details - probably down to my amateur pc skills. I know someone suggested the NH Kensington, but does anyone definately know, please? Please help! :confused:

(1) Elegant hotel in London - 4* - LondonThis luxurious 4 star hotel in Kensington is a fine choice for your stay in London
  • Please can someone shed some light on what this one is please? I am hoping to book soon. The only one I can think of is holiday inn Camden Lock?

Modern, stylish hotel in trendy Camden Town

Close to Camden Market and Regent's Park, this hotel is central to all of London's main tourist attractions. Approx. 10 minutes from Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras by tube. This is a modern, stylish hotel with good facilities, surrounded by trendy bars and restaurants. After a busy day in the capital, why not use the hotel mini-gym or just relax in your beautiful, well appointed guestroom, some overlooking Regents Canal. The quality and location of this hotel will be sure to please.
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nicochick wrote: »
    Please can someone shed some light on what this one is please? I am hoping to book soon. The only one I can think of is holiday inn Camden Lock?

Modern, stylish hotel in trendy Camden Town

Close to Camden Market and Regent's Park, this hotel is central to all of London's main tourist attractions. Approx. 10 minutes from Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras by tube. This is a modern, stylish hotel with good facilities, surrounded by trendy bars and restaurants. After a busy day in the capital, why not use the hotel mini-gym or just relax in your beautiful, well appointed guestroom, some overlooking Regents Canal. The quality and location of this hotel will be sure to please.

Holiday Inn, Camden Lock is a likely candidate. Both descriptions reference Regents Park, Camden Market and a "Mediterranean-themed" restaurant.
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    joandtee wrote: »
    Hi again

I know I have posted this before, but I have been searching and I really can't find out the hotel details - probably down to my amateur pc skills. I know someone suggested the NH Kensington, but does anyone definately know, please? Please help! :confused:

(1) Elegant hotel in London - 4* - LondonThis luxurious 4 star hotel in Kensington is a fine choice for your stay in London

There's not much to go on from the description posted :(

Rather than the NH Kensington on Cromwell Road, there is also the NH Harrington Hall in Harrington Gardens, which, I think, has better restaurant/dining facilities.

Of course it could be neither of these :confused:
  • There's a website that reveals a lot of these hotels and it lists the one you mention as the Harrington Hall Hotel in Kensington. I'd post a link but I can't. Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback