Cancel 3 Contract Early

Hi,

I have a 3 mobile phone contract (Mix&Match 500) which is due to run out in April.

However, I wish to cancel this now - I understand that I would of paid for February; but I can cancel out for March and April?

If so, how much will this cost? I pay £18 a month, so does it mean paying the rest of the contract off then I can leave?

Also, how are 3 with cancelling contracts - I am not interested in staying, I just want it cancelled - and when I tell them this; I mean NOW.

Thank you & I look forward to you're replies.

Niko

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Youl need to give 30 days notice, No way out of that, Probably have to pay the remaining line rental.
  • Tigert
    Tigert Posts: 467 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    You can leave immediately if you pay up the remainder of your contract.

You will have to pay the full amount that you would have paid if your contract had run full term.
    LBM : March 2008 :cry:
    Debt Free Date : 25th July 2012 :)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread: #170
    Long Haul Supporters Thread : #115
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    as per Tigert
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I just cancelled my T-Mobile contract early and I had to pay a £110 early cancellation fee :(
    Cashback Earnt so far in 2009: AMEX £133.93, wepromiseto.co.uk £67.07, Barclaycard £25, MobilePhoneExchange: £28. TOTAL: £254.00
  • Does anyone know if 3 have an early cancellation fee? If so, how much?

Thanks,

Niko
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    ryrniko121 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 3 have an early cancellation fee? If so, how much?

Thanks,

Niko

Usually your monthly contract amount x months left to run till your out of contract, so probably around £36 in your case (2 x £18)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you are going to pay them the cancellation fee, then it might be worth paying an extra £15 to get the unlock code.

You might then recoup the charges selling the unlocked handset.
  • SemperFi
    SemperFi Posts: 2,743 Forumite
    I'm stuck with them for another 12 months despite the fact that I can no longer receive 3G where I live. (I used to be able to, they've been screwing with my local masts). They want 12 x £35 or whatever from me! Joy! (shows as a credit on my account and the account expires in 12 months time AFAIK).
  • For £36 - I may get it cancelled.

I will ring and post back what they said.

Niko
  • soul619
    soul619 Posts: 562 Forumite
    you have to pay the rest of your contract only with 3 but they dont like people cancelling on them an they will spend an hour tryin to talk you out of it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure