AA Loans PPI claim - progress!!!

2»

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    triticale wrote: »
    Well, an interesting development this evening. My copy of signed agreement has arrived, and guess what?

I DID NOT tick the box!! :j:beer:

I did, however, sign the extra signature below the box, as in my post above.

The second sig is headed 'I understand that I am purchasing the product(s) ticked above on credit provided by you and that the terms relating to the credit for the products can be found in the sections above and Terms and Conditions overleaf in this agreement'

So it matters not that I signed, as the sig only confirms I know what I ticked - and as I DIDN'T TICK IT - then my case is as strong as it can be!!! :T:D

I want to get straight on and make my claim rather than waiting around for a SAR - is this wise, or might I regret not having extra paperwork to hand?

I already have all the figures for breakdown of loan, ppi and interest for both on the agreement.

I KNEW I didn't tick that flippin box!! How dare they, and thank God for MSE for drawing my attention to it. :money:
    Good luck with this then.
  • triticale
    triticale Posts: 771 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2009 at 11:13AM
    Thanks Di. :T

I have decided to send the claim letter today to get things in motion, and send the SAR request in a day or so, so that can start being processed too in case I end up needing the info later on.

This is my claim letter - I've edited the template a fair bit, as there is no opportunity for them to 'satisfactorily justify' the ppi seeing as I didn't tick the box!

Does it seem ok? I don't want to come across as too bolshy, but likewise I want to make clear that my case is cut and dried in the hope they will settle fully and quickly.

Me
    My house
    My town
    Postcode
    4th November 2009

AA Finance Limited
    Tower House
    Charterhall Drive
    Chester
    CH88 3AN

Dear Sir or Madam,

Agreement number: *************

I purchased the above loan from you on 21st March 2006. Looking recently at my statement, I now realise that a payment protection insurance policy (‘AA Creditcare’) has been applied to the loan since the commencement of the agreement.

As you can see from the attached copy of my signed agreement obtained from yourselves, I did not tick the box agreeing to purchase this policy.

Therefore I have been paying for insurance that I did not agree to, and did not know had been applied so could not have been explained to me.

I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Me
  • stevomatt
    stevomatt Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi. I have noticed that this is the case with me (aa). I am interested what your outcome was.

Thanks
    Steve
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Steve, this thread is from 2009,Post your question here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

regarding AA loan and someone may be able to help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure