CCA letter template

Hi
Hope this is the correct place to ask.

I have been nosing around on this site tying to find the CCA template letter but I can't seem to locate it.
Has anyone got a copy they could paste please.
Also who do I write to? Is it the original company or the DCA?

Many Thanks in advance. x
Think it's about time the comping fairy remembered where I am! lol

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    The letter goes to the DCA, who should then obtain the CCA from the original creditor if they don't hold a copy themselves.

There are lots of versions of the CCA letter floating around. This is the version from the National Debtline website.
    (Your home address)
    Date:
    To:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account/Ref No:

With reference to the above agreement, I/we would be grateful if you would send me/us a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am/we are entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request.

I/we enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I/we understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Your name.
    Print you name rather than use your normal signature, since some DCA's have been known to scan it so they can mock up a fake CCA.

For the same reason, the statutory fee of £1 should be a postal order.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • kittycatty
    kittycatty Posts: 3,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Cool
    Thank You.
    X

• stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    I would also ask for a deed of Assignment . Some companies sell bad debts others just get DCA,S to act for them . Look at ( Lets all ask for our cca ) there is a few template letters in there .
  • fermi
    stapeley wrote: »
    I would also ask for a deed of Assignment .

Can you tell me where in the CCA74 or subsequent regulations you are entitled to request this?

The CCA74 itself simply states:

"shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it"

when it lays out the documents that can be requested under sections 77/78.

Just curious as to where it mentions "deeds of assignment"?

The debtor should receive a "notice of assignment" when the debt is assigned, but that is a different thing to the "deed".
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• kittycatty
    I would also ask for a deed of Assignment . Some companies sell bad debts others just get DCA,S to act for them . Look at ( Lets all ask for our cca ) there is a few template letters in there .

Sorry but what is this?

Being a bit dense today.
    Thanks

• stapeley
    Its the same thing . Can just be a letter from OC saying its been sold to the DCA . GOOD LUCK
  • fermi
    kittycatty wrote: »
    Sorry but what is this?

Being a bit dense today.

You're not being dense, it's not the most obvious thing in the world.

Sometimes a DCA is acting on behalf of the original creditor. Technically acting as their agent. That means that the debt and it's associated rights are still owned by the original creditor.

Sometimes the debt will be bought by the DCA. Legally it is said to have been "assigned". The legal document/contract between the original creditor and the DCA is the "deed of assignment".

When a debt is "assigned" (or sold) you should receive a "notice of assignment" informing you of this. Not the same as the deed.
    Its the same thing . Can just be a letter from OC saying its been sold to the DCA . GOOD LUCK

No. I believe that is a "notice" not the "deed".

Can you answer my original question stapely?

• stapeley
    I,LL bump up my POST spend an hour reading it . Could be well worth it
  • kittycatty
    Ah ok Ta
    Si if Littlewoods pass a debt to NDR should I have been notified of this?
    Also when I spoke to NDR they said they were passing it on to another DCA and there was nothing I could do about this.
    This seems weird as I have been paying them each month. I submitted an income sheet to show my loss of earnings and they refused it but I only found this out when I phoned, they said they never reply it's up to me to contact them.
    SO as a result they are passing it off but wont tell me when and to whom, so should I still sent them the letter requesting the CCA or wait till it's passed off again?

Thanks

• fermi
    Ah ok Ta
    Si if Littlewoods pass a debt to NDR should I have been notified of this?

Depends whether the debt has been bought by NDR or they were just acting on behalf of Littlewoods.
    Also when I spoke to NDR they said they were passing it on to another DCA and there was nothing I could do about this.
    This seems weird as I have been paying them each month. I submitted an income sheet to show my loss of earnings and they refused it but I only found this out when I phoned, they said they never reply it's up to me to contact them.
    SO as a result they are passing it off but wont tell me when and to whom, so should I still sent them the letter requesting the CCA or wait till it's passed off again?

DCA's play parse the parcel with debts quite a lot. Especially if either the DCA isn't making enough cash from it, or the original creditor isn't happy with the returns they are getting.

If you know it's been passed on then it might be worth waiting until the new DCA contacts you and CCA them. :confused: But who knows how long that will take.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure