cancelling tv licence

2»

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ShaunJUK wrote: »
    You need a license if you own any items of equipment that can be used to recieve a broadcast,

I was under the impression that you only needed a license if you USED the equipment to view or record "live" TV broadcasts.

Do I need a TV Licence?

spacer.gifspacer.gifgrey.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif You need a TV Licence to use any television receiving equipment such as a TV set, digital box, DVD or video recorder, PC, laptop or mobile phone to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV.
  • ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was under the impression that you only needed a license if you USED the equipment to view or record "live" TV broadcasts.

Do I need a TV Licence?

spacer.gifspacer.gifgrey.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif You need a TV Licence to use any television receiving equipment such as a TV set, digital box, DVD or video recorder, PC, laptop or mobile phone to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV.

Yes but isnt it down to you to prove you dont as apposed to them having to prove you do?
    Coming up to my 7th year on this site so I figured I should get me a signature!

I am now a DTD Addict
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ShaunJUK wrote: »
    Yes but isnt it down to you to prove you dont as apposed to them having to prove you do?

I doubt it, I'm sure I read somewhere that you are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty.

In other words, if they say you are/were watching TV THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT.
  • You will most likely get a a whole load of post if your property doesn't have a licence. When I moved into mine, I had a huuuuuge backlog of letters from them telling me to get a licence or else - some of them dated six months before my flat was even built!! As soon as my address was registered with Royal Mail the letters started, before the foundations were even in place. Just letting you know!
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    please can someone direct me to where I can cancel my TV licence. After the Brand Ross fiasco I do not want to contribute to anymore wages for these2 morons.

Is that all your tv licence pays for then?! :confused:
  • Scampy
    Scampy Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What fiasco have I missed out on?
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Scampy wrote: »
    What fiasco have I missed out on?

This one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7695951.stm