PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Multi-Cooker - any good?

Comments

• Badgergal
    Badgergal Posts: 531 Forumite
    I've got one of these (if its the same one, I'm not sure but it was from good old La Redoute three years ago), and I dug it out when I found this site a few days ago! I haven't got around to using it yet, as I want to try it out over the weekend. It is small compared to the proper slow cookers but I think it is essentially a mini slow cooker (it said slow cooker on the box it came in) though it has five settings so might cook more quickly on the high setting.

I wish I got the griddle pan, I was wondering where it was cos there was a picture of it on the instructions and I was thinking they'd just forgotten to put it in, but now you say that they probably wanted me to pay the extra...

If you've got a slow cooker, I'm not sure it would be worth it unless you wanted to do small portions (it is rather dinky).
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This is very similar to the one I had. It virtually made my cooker redundant which was handy as I was using LPG at the time and I knew that if I was ever running low I could use this and conserve what I had for heating and hot water. Don't know if I'd have the room for it now but I'm sorely tempted.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002Y7SM2/ref=pd_sim_kh_dp_2/202-1713940-7007818
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That looks suspiciously like something my mother had, oh around 25 years ago I'd guess, but I don't recall her using it very often. My last memories of it were sitting on one of the worktops and being used to stash all those annoying bits 'n' pieces that never seem to have a home, or people are too lazy to put away! I should imagine my father still has it somewhere, probably in the garage!!
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If he has would he want to sell it? I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    moggins wrote:
    If he has would he want to sell it? I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere :(

I wouldn't know to be honest as I don't have any contact with him. Have you not had any joy at car boot sales or Ebay?
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    I got one of these last year, mine looks like this...

5dnn2b

5dnmlu

If these pictures are too big to fit the page could you let me know as they look ok on mine :)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    :) They're fine :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi all,

I have an offer from La Redoute for a free 'multi cooker' with my next order, it looks like a slow cooker but is it one? If it is I'll order something for it (was going to order anyway).

Thanks for your help! :D
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Badgergal
    Badgergal Posts: 531 Forumite
    It is like a very small slow cooker (only big enough for about 3 portions in my house) but it suits me fine because I live on my own apart from weekend visits from the boyf. Don't bother if you already have a slow cooker or want to cook for your whole family, and if you DO get it be very careful with the nonstick dish because the stuff comes off if you put it in a dishwasher or scrub too hard (a nice OSer had to send me their spare one when I wrecked mine and it went rusty!)

Quite apart from that, Redoute were clearly lying to me when they said they could not replace my dish (I was willing to pay) because they weren't doing that offer any more!! Humph!
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've got one, it's more like a one pot pan, ok though for FREE !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure