The Money Club????

Comments

• I signed up a year ago never used it and never cancelled within the 8 week period, this month they have taken £120 on DD (less than 1 year from when I joined)

Rang the theiving bar stewards and they say you must confirm in writing if you do not want your membership renewed and payment taken, it is mentined in your Membership pack - Not in mine read it cover to cover -

Off to the bank to demand a refund of the DD which I beleive they are obliged to do under the DD scheme
  • Oh dear. Paying money to save money? No no no. Don't do it.
  • I was approched in the street by two reps of the Money Club just over 2 months ago. I was on my way to an interview and really had no idea what I was doing. I naively signed on the spot (lesson learned) and a few days ago almost £100 was taken from my account. I today cancelled the DD on my banks website so they at least cannot take any more (correct??).
    I really don't have the money to waste and I doubt I can get it back. :( I have phoned them to explain and was told they would get back to me. Yeah, ofcourse they will.
    I'll update if anything comes of it.

Anyone got any advice?
  • I've been a member of The Money Club for a few years now and I have only had a good experience of them. I've easily made back the initial fee with discounts and cash back and it's much less of a headache than having to search myself. I did think a while back that I needed to test the service rather than be complacent so I always cross check with special promotions and offers - my husband gets special insurance rates through his job which I checked and The Money Club rates beat them hands down.

I'm sticking with the service as it works for me!
  • Every one of the positive posts looks increasingly suspicious.

Again another low post count and then, (it maybe a coincidence but),

Last positive Money Club post by Kerry Hillier, a quick google for that name, (yes money club it is that easy to do ourselves).

And I get this: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/a05/aa9

Kerry Hillier a communications manager, working in consumer goods, based in Birmingham

.......hmmmmmmmmmmm........

Isn't Money club based in Birmingham using telesales to sell us consumer goods? Ticks all the boxes doesn't it.

Kerry, for me your post was the final nail in this pointless company's coffin!

NB. Regarding MY low post count, I've re-registered on the forum as my last username gave details of my business name which I don't want associated with my posts if we have piranhas such as money club swimming around this forum.
  • Orrie wrote: »
    I was approached in the street by two reps of the Money Club just over 2 months ago. I was on my way to an interview and really had no idea what I was doing. I naively signed on the spot (lesson learned) and a few days ago almost £100 was taken from my account. I today cancelled the DD on my banks website so they at least cannot take any more (correct??).
    I really don't have the money to waste and I doubt I can get it back. :( I have phoned them to explain and was told they would get back to me. Yeah, ofcourse they will.
    I'll update if anything comes of it.

Anyone got any advice?

UPDATE: Sent loads of emails and when I got no reply, phoned to see what was happening. Naturally they said they hadn't got any emails :mad:. So I sent a Recorded Delivery letter so there was no way they could deny they got it, and eventually got a reply which said they cannont refund my money because it was used to set up my account. Correct me if Im wrong, but it doesn't cost £100 to enter a name into a document and send out some paperwork. Sent another letter and got no reply, so have no choice but to take it further. They're useless, stealing good-for-nothings, so my advice is stay far away.
  • I don't have anything to with financial services I was just trying to be helpful! Think I'll steer clear of this section now!
  • HI Guys,

These lot are still at it.

The advertise through my offers I think. I contacted my offers to see if they still want to be associated with such a company.
    I was also offered the free trial for 8 weeks and told it would be £1 - but they took £98 just before 4 weeks - adn refused a refund.

I was dealing with Kimberley Weinel and am still awaiting a reply for a refund. kweinel@themoneyclub.co.uk

I should also point out that on their website they maek reference to financial services for mortgages etc This means that some of what they are doing falls under the strict remit of the FSA.
    IE their website is not compliant with FSA regulations, nor is the literature they send out in their 'welcome pack'

I was kind of thinking does anyone want to contact the FSA directly about this company? This one is for financial promotions (ie website and literature)
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Promo/Report/form.shtml

The other one is I don't know if they are regulated for advise on finances and mortgages - the reference I have in the welcome pack is an FSA number that refers only being authorised for insurance. ie Mentor Finance Ltd but these are only insurnace brokers. There are enough references to financial reviews and mortgages on their website that I am sure contravenes FSA regulations.

So the next step is the direct debit indemnity form then start a small claim online. :)

Unless they refund!

• Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I got collared by these jokers in 2005.
    I managed to get my money back but I don't remeber how- I think I went into my bank and made them invoke the Direct Debit guarantee as I had not agreed to pay the money so got it back within 5 days (I know the guarantee should be 24 hrs!).
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Just been called by these jokers who went through all the spiel, when they asked me for my bank details told them to call back next week. When they do so I shall ask them about your comments and kindly tell them to take a running......

Thanks for the heads up, that's £89 saved already!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure