ESA back pay after success at Tribunal

Comments

• epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Don't know, but I have heard SDP is only backdated a month from date of receipt of IS10
    I imagine the EDP will be backdated to atleast 92nd day, but not sure about before that.
  • sja75
    sja75 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Thank you Epitome for your help. It still amazes me that I went from Nil points to S.G, bizarre
  • sja75
    Has anyone ever used a taxi to attend Tribunal? If so how long do you wait to be refunded, on average, thanks...
  • benefitbaby
    benefitbaby Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    sja75 wrote: »
    In addition is SDP applied in the same manner as EDP regards back pay. Or is it treated as 'fresh claim' after successfully completing IS10?

Many thanks

If you have:
    - been entitled to income-related ESA throughout, and
    - you have lived alone throughout, and
    - no-one has claimed carer's allowance for you at any point, then
    you should ask for the SDP to be backdated to the start of your IESA claim (the SDP is not linked to the support group only to DLA MRC or HRC).

Good luck and congratulations on winning your appeal :)
  • princessdon
    princessdon Posts: 6,902 Forumite
    Thank you Epitome for your help. It still amazes me that I went from Nil points to S.G, bizarre

I suspect it was on "advice" from peeps in the know on here
  • sja75
    Correct...
  • sja75
    edited 3 November 2012 at 11:26PM
    Yes... It was. I received a full understanding of the WCA that I was previously unaware and applied it in my circumstance. Which I am grateful for.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,724
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 November 2012 at 10:01PM
    Thank you Benefit Baby.

Unfortunately no, the first point you made regards IR ESA wasn't the case. I was processed as Cont. ESA from July 2011, albeit I was IR JSA prior to that claim for ESA.

I even missed out on a much needed (as a result of being Cont. ESA) CCG which I needed a year ago having moved out of a hostel. I wasn't in a position to look into that aspect, mentally, so I just accepted it. A tax rebate saved me a few months after, that saved me, and I set my new home up thankfully.

Thank you very much for your consideration, I am glad its over, well for the time being anyway.

Have a pleasant evening, regards

Do you have an underyling entitlement to Income related ESA I wonder... you live alone don't you... no other income apart from this benefit? You could always be assessed for IR ESA I understand by completion of ESA3 form if necessary. But I think it is perfectly possible to get contrib based ESA, have underlying entitlement to IR and therefore get the benefits of getting IR ESA such as premiums.. free prescriptions, dental care etc... check.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • sja75
    Hi Muttely

I was transferred from Cont. ESA in July this year to IR ESA thereafter.
  • sja75 wrote: »
    Hi Muttely

I was transferred from Cont. ESA in July this year to IR ESA thereafter.

Ah right... no issue then. I wish my memory was better... think I'm fast reaching the senility of requiring to read back on cases.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure