Can "Love2shop" vouchers be used in Argos ?

shaneym
shaneym Posts: 175 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 1 December 2009 at 2:52PM in Discount codes & vouchers
Hi there, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Can anyone tell me if Love2Shop vouchers can be used in Argos ? It says on the Love2Shop website that it can be, but someone told me that there are different types of vouchers and Argos only accept those with Argos logo on them. The ones I have dont have Argos on them so Im not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. I troed ringing my local store but it was constantly engaged.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi, I used my love2shop vouchers in Argos. I cant remember if they had Argos on logos or not. Was only last month I used them.
  • SueMaggie
    SueMaggie Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    I used Love2shop vouchers in my local branch of Argos around a month ago and had no problem - the vouchers didn't have the Argos logo on them.

My sister-in-law tried to use some (from the same batch as mine so no Argos logo) 2 weeks ago in a different branch about 50 miles away and was told that they don't take them as Argos aren't mentioned on them.

The Love2shop website now says - Argos * Only vouchers displaying the Argos logo will be accepted as a form of payment in Argos.

However, in the section called Ways to Pay at the back of the current Argos catalogue it says that you can pay with High Street Vouchers which I understand are just another name for Love2shop vouchers.

So, in short, who knows?

May be worth emailing Argos customer service to clarify. You can do it via this page on their website - clicky.
  • pinkmami
    pinkmami Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    What you need to watch on these is you have the new batch. Stores won't accept last year's batch with High Street Voucher on the top & even those with a Love2Shop on them can be difficult to part with if the design is different even though they have an expiry date till March 2010 on them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure