3-Maidenhead in my bank statement

I have checked my HSBC bank statement and found out that 3-maidenhead withdrew 0.50 pence. I don't live in Maidenhead. I wondered if 3-maidenhead has something to do with four unathorised cash withdrawls from my account. The pattern in withdrawals is this: the person ( fraudsater) withdrew twice in the space of one minute although s/he could withdraw once ( i.e. 50 pounds , rather than 30 pounds and 20 pounds. ) Anybody aware of fraud trend in the from of 3-maidenhead? Anybody know if any HSBC customer was robbed by 3-maidenhead 'scam'?

Comments

• DarkFallout
    DarkFallout Posts: 209 Forumite
    Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1EH
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    kalkajim wrote: »
    Anybody aware of fraud trend in the from of 3-maidenhead? Anybody know if any HSBC customer was robbed by 3-maidenhead 'scam'?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=31110655
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • I actually took a look at that thread and now my brain hurts. I think I may just hate you for that, Paul. :wall:
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't go past post#2.

Yer welcome ;)
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    50p transactions are typically used in "One Check" when taking out a new mobile phone contract.

Check your Experian file for any credit searches made by Hutchinson 3G UK Ltd as someone may have applied for a mobile phone contract in your name.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • I have this on my bank statement when I top up my 3 internet dongle.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn't go past post#2.

Yer welcome ;)

Yeahman, seriously, what the frick is this supposed to mean?
    if you talk about other than the thread here i will return back to you the same

Eh?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • the_insider
    the_insider Posts: 795 Forumite
    It's the same as an online HMV purchase showing up as carried out in Guernsey, or ASDA in Leeds. It's just where the processing centre is registered (not necessarily based).

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!
    Getting married 02.08.14
    Wins for the wedding: membership for a 'wedsite' and app, £35 gift voucher for party supplies shop, £50 worth of hand painted signs, 1kg of heart shaped marshmallows :money:
  • Hi Just checked my John Lewis credit card statement and found £15.00 a month has been taken from my card for the last 3 months by a company called 3-maidenhead cant find out what they are but am told its a scam, have had to cancel my card a real pain
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mitchlevy wrote: »
    Hi Just checked my John Lewis credit card statement and found £15.00 a month has been taken from my card for the last 3 months by a company called 3-maidenhead cant find out what they are but am told its a scam, have had to cancel my card a real pain

3 Mobile. Like Vodafone, Orange, T Mobile etc ? They're based in Maidenhead, do you have a mobile with them ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure