How to find out own mobile number - o2

My son put a new sim into his mobile ... but we don't know/can't find the number. There's no credit on it yet, so he can't ring anyone, so we can't get the number that way. Is there a way to find out your own number? It's an O2 sim.

Thanks
:beer:

Comments

• bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Depends on the phone as to where exactly it is., but there should be an option to see 'My Number' in the menus. Have a look at the phone book....it's likely in there.
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Only guessing here , but if it is a PAYG , have you tried calling 4444 , I am sure that half way through the free automated call you will get your tel no. repeated back to you .
  • Seagull
    Seagull Posts: 286
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The sim card should have been part of a credit card sized piece of plastic, was the number on that pice of plastic. Is it on the phone's box end ?
  • Cant he call someone and you will get the number that way?
  • If you've got a SIM card for a mobile, and don't know what the phone number is, the easiest way to check is to use the card to phone a landline phone number, and then from that landline phone, dial 1471. Caller identification should then repeat the number to you
    or
    Note that the telephone number itself isn't stored on the SIM card (this is how you're able to change phone number without getting a new SIM). The phone stores a unique number called a Subscriber Identity number (IMSI). Provided that you're able to connect your phone to a PC, you may be able to use PC software such as Oxygen to extract the IMSI from the SIM. Once you have the IMSI, you may be able to contact the SIM network operator & ask them to tell you which number maps to the IMSI.
  • veruccasalt
    veruccasalt Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    OP has stated that there is no credit on the SIM so he cant phone anyone. Wake up!! Are you all hung over!!
    “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” Charles M Schulz
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    id put some credit on the phone then call your landline then hang up and do 1471 to find out the number

i have a k800i and if you press a button on the side it will tell you some other information along with the phones number
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Thanks for the replies. Managed to get out and buy a top up voucher (it wouldn't let me top his fone up using my credit card??? works ok on mine )... Anyway, got it topped up and so he called my mobile & we got the number :)

Thanks again for your help.

Trish
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills