Group bookings on Ryanair+Easyjet, advice please!

Hello!

I'd like to ask anyone for advice on booking large groups on budget airlines. I'm looking to book for a group of around 15 people, and I've noticed the price per seat rises as you go up through the numbers.

Does anyone have experience of co-ordinating with friends, on different PC's, so that you can simultaneously book 2 parties of smaller a group size for the cheaper price seats?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• All I can say is phone around instead of just using the airline's websites. Try phoning BA/BMI/etc and foreign airlines aswell as the likes of easyjet/Ryanair, as often they can do just as good deals; if not at a better value for your buck. Don't presume Ryanair/easyJet will be cheaper!

Which airports are you near, and where are you looking to travel to?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Does anyone have experience of co-ordinating with friends, on different PC's, so that you can simultaneously book 2 parties of smaller a group size for the cheaper price seats?

This doesn't work, the website doesn't allow simultaneous bookings.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • So if we both went through the process of entering details, and then reached the "click to confirm booking" screen, if one of us went first and recieved the booking confirmation, what would happen when the other one clicks to confirm?

Have you personally tried this before then, and it failed?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    what would happen when the other one clicks to confirm?

You would get a "the price has changed and is now £xxx.xx, please accept the revised price and continue"
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    nope doesn't work, i've tried it, only 1 booking will be accepted.

when i book large groups, with easyjet usually, i price for total numbers

i book them in individual groups of 5 then i add the total cost together and divide between how many of us there are
  • Thanks guys, useful advice.
  • McAzrael
    McAzrael Posts: 917
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The flag carriers (and Eurostar) often have a dedicated group booking department who will allow you to make a provisional booking, accept a deposit and the balance some time later once you have collected the money in and time to get a final list of names. They're not necessarily a lot more expensive than the budget guys and take some of the pressure off the organiser. In my extremely limited experience Aer Lingus were very good, Air France hopeless, and Eurostar useless until I happened to get someone good answer the phone, at which point everything went swimmingly.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Agree to contact the airline because the way some of the systems work you may actually end up paying more
    I tried to book 2 x £59 seats on bmi but when trying to book it wanted to sell them both at £109 (the next fare up) there must have been only 1 x £59 seat left so I booked them seperately and got 1 x £59 and 1 x £109
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Simple
    Check price for 1
    check price for party.
    If same-book.
    If not ,work way down to book each group@ min price
    Always make sure theres PLENTY EXTRA availabiliy, just in case other parties book "your" seats while you are going through the process.
    Remember , these websites take 1 million + hits a day throughout Europe, so 5 seats can disappear in a blink of an eye.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure