Investing in Pillows - Tempur or Tempur Style

Hi,
I am wanting to buy some good pillows and have had tempur pillows recommended to me by a friend. I have looked on the net and they are very expensive, approx £60/£70 each.

Does anybody have any recommendation on this ?

I have found tempur style pillows on ebay and wanted to ask if anybody knew if they were any good before i bought them. They cost about £25 with postage.

I would most appreciate any input.

Many Thanx
anitha
A

Comments

• You can buy cheap one from Argos for £16.99. They have a layer of the foam stuff at the top. Not sure that the layer is really thick enough really IMHO.

If you are buying from ebay ask the seller how thick the memory foam is (and *not* what percentage it is). I saw somone selling the one you can get in argos on ebay for £30. Would have been very disappointed if I bought that for £30.
  • Matalan do some of those pillows now too - someone on here has recently bought one...
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • Just did a search - it was Sweety Pie who bought it.S/he says:-

"Matalan have memory foam pillows for only 15.00. I bought one earlier in the week, and it's great. I'm sure it isn't of the same quality as the more expensive ones, but I am sleeping really well on it! "

hth

< ps I am useless at quoting etc, hence the copying and pasting ::)>
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • JayneH_3
    JayneH_3 Posts: 168
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No, you're right, it was me!

I havn't used the proper tempur pillows, but the Matalan version is very comfortable to sleep on, and only 15.00.
    So many shoes, so little time....
  • Lungman
    Lungman Posts: 70 Forumite
    Yes the Tempur ones are expensive :o

But they are definitely worth it - had mine 6 years now and no sign of flat pancake syndrome (sick of buying pillows that lost there shape quickly).

Word of warning they are on the firm side, but definitely the best pillow I've had.
  • Hi Lungman, although I like it my husband can't sleep on the Matalan one, although he drops off, he wakes up in the night and has to change to a standard pillow when he wakes up during the night. Do you sleep all night on your Tempur, if that's not too personal a question ::)
  • Hi Sweety Pie

The wife and me both have one and we both sleep all night on them.

Although it did take me a little while to get used to it, I definitely wouldn't be without it now - I actually find "normal" pillows uncomfortable as they are too squidgy. :-/

The TEMPUR Original Neck Pillow is the one we purchased but there are different ones available now:

http://www.tempur.co.uk/page2756.asp
  • Very interesting...thankyou!
  • anitha
    anitha Posts: 189 Forumite
    A big thank you to you all for your help.
    I think I will give Matalan a try
    A
  • Hi, I've had my Tempur pillow for four years due to a neck and back problem and I think its brilliant. It hasn't lost its shape and is still good as new. I know they are really expensive but in this case I think you get what you pay for and is worth spending the extra.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure