Countdown to Freedom

Comments

• LydiaJ
    LydiaJ Posts: 8,083
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    What is 250 sleeps?

Christmas :xmastree:
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
    :)
  • LydiaJ wrote: »
    Christmas :xmastree:

Arrggghhhhhh, don't mention the C word, it's not even summer yet. :rotfl:
  • Arrggghhhhhh, don't mention the C word, it's not even summer yet. :rotfl:

I've been really restrained in terms of Christmas countdown so far :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • LydiaJ
    Forumite
    Since I don't have a diary of my own, can I piggyback on yours just to say that it is looking possible that I might be able to pay off my mortgage next month? I won't know until I got to a meeting in the middle of May, but just the possibility still feels exciting! :D
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Oh, oh, oh, Lydia!! That is fantastic news! How absolutely fantastic for you.

I will keep my bits crossed for you. Imagine what you can do without the stress and headache of mortgage payments. Plus what will you do with all that disposable income?

Congratulations to you.

Everyone is doing it! My time will come...
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • LydiaJ wrote: »
    Since I don't have a diary of my own, can I piggyback on yours just to say that it is looking possible that I might be able to pay off my mortgage next month? I won't know until I got to a meeting in the middle of May, but just the possibility still feels exciting! :D

:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j

What a lovely message to read on Easter Sunday :)

Fab news

Tilly x
  • Happy Easter :easter_os

Early service at church which was particularly thought provoking.

Back home and a few jobs to do but we have all day and no need to rush.

Have a good Sunday everyone

Best wishes, Tilly x
  • :easter_ba:easter: Happy Easter to the Tilly clan :)
  • LydiaJ
    Forumite
    :j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j

What a lovely message to read on Easter Sunday :)

Thanks Tilly. You are so welcoming to a gatecrasher!! As I said, it's not definite, but I'm hoping for the best for the meeting next month. :)
    Happy Easter :easter_os

Early service at church which was particularly thought provoking.

Happy Easter to you too Tilly, and to all the readers of your thread. :easter:

I'm too much of a night owl for early services, but our late morning service was good too. The sermon was linked to the one from Friday, which was excellent too. :)
  • Evening, ok, who stole the sun :eek:

We managed to get a couple of hours of work in the garden, had chicken sandwiches for late lunch and then watched a James Bond movie :T

It has been pouring with rain for the last couple of hours and by that I mean POURING :o

Lydia, what are you going to do after you're MF? I've got a lot of thoughts going through my head regarding the future and how to plan the finances but all looking positive and I need to bide my time :)

I'd better get back in the kitchen as the Yorkshire are nearly ready (Mr Ts domain) and I need to serve (my domain)

Best wishes, Tilly x x x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills