Free WiFi for 30 minutes at Wetherspoon's nationwide- just buy a cheap drink.

Comments

• If anyone finds their local weatherspoons refusing due to a cheap drink, or they "don't have any cards" do consider a complaint to the ASA:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/
  • sertav
    sertav Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    McDonalds... I thought their Wifi was for BT's Open Zone subscribers only. Are you saying it's an open connection?
    5p savings box: £01.60
    £2 savings box: £12.00
    1 & 2p savings box: too many too count! :D
  • meandu229
    meandu229 Posts: 180 Forumite
    i also work for spoons and usually if you ask for a few you will get them as we dont have loads of people asking for them
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    sertav wrote: »
    McDonalds... I thought their Wifi was for BT's Open Zone subscribers only. Are you saying it's an open connection?

I connect there using the codes from the Wetherspoons cards.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • If you find yourself in Shannon airport with nothing to do (and that s very easy) you can log on for free as well !!

Dennis
    :T
  • modeca
    modeca Posts: 16 Forumite
    There's a few more places you can get free access.

The River Thames from Greenwich to Millbank is one big Wi-Fi cloud. You have the option of paying for access (£2.95/hr) which is still quite cheap - or you can connect for 15mins at a time completely free (you will have to watch an ad to reconnect). More info here

Also if you fancy venturing down to the O2 (previously the Dome) in Greenwich just go into their swanky phone shop and ask for a Wi-Fi voucher and they'll give you a card valid for 30 mins. It works at the O2 - not sure if you can use it anywhere else.

Free Wi-Fi hotspots.
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    seaneeboy wrote: »
    If anyone finds their local weatherspoons refusing due to a cheap drink, or they "don't have any cards" do consider a complaint to the ASA:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/

lol, sorry but thats just going to pathetic levels :D
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    meandu229 wrote: »
    i also work for spoons and usually if you ask for a few you will get them as we dont have loads of people asking for them

Can i have a few please ;):D
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • This is no doubt good news for WiFi users, but does anyone else remember the original thinking behind Wetherspoons?

It was a pub you could go into, safe in the knowledge that you would get a good pint of real ale at a reasonable price and somewhere to sit and enjoy it quietly without background music, jukeboxes, fruit machines and all the other claptrap that comes with modernised theme pubs.

I lament the gradual erosion of the original philosophy and fear that Wetherspoons is becoming just another mediocre pub chain.

But then again, perhaps I'm just becoming an old git in my mature years!

David B
  • I collect plenty of these vouchers from Wetherspoons and use them at other Wifi hotspots when on my travels.
    Probably one of the most readily available places are Mcdonalds burger places, i find that you can connect ok frm the carpark without having to go in and purchase any cra* in a bap.

You can download a list of Wifi spots from here :

http://www.thecloud.net/content.asp?section=4&content=204

The company I work for uses Weatherspoons or should I say Ipass locations for Wifi access and I am in control of creating user accounts...

Visit www.Ipass.com for full listings
    and I am open to bribes, imagine all the internet connections for free...:j

Starbucks, MacDonalds, Weatherspoons etc etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills