Support for people with Depression

Comments

• Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Tulip wrote: »
    I then looked for a cd I had which I couldnt find and I found it later on,thats after going through Drawers,My Unit,craft box etc :rotfl:

:rotfl: that really made me laugh Katie! :D I'm like that ALL the time - have to turn the house upside down every time I need to find something lol.

Welcome to the new folk :hello: and hope everyone's doing a bit better today.

Much love to all,
    Sazzy xxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    :hello: Everyone,

Hope all is well,I am fine today.Glad I made you laugh Saz.Hope you and Gilly are ok :) Hands you over the keys to cupboard where the Smarties are.

love and light,

Katie xxx
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Tulip wrote: »

:) Hands you over the keys to cupboard where the Smarties are.

Thanks hun;) Me and Gilly are fine thanks Katie - just wishing it was the weekend as usual! You got anything nice planned for today?

Sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Tulip
    Sazbo wrote: »
    Thanks hun;) Me and Gilly are fine thanks Katie - just wishing it was the weekend as usual! You got anything nice planned for today?

Sx

Not really Saz.Just went out to get a cake for lunch and I had fish and chips out on seafront and can of 7 Up :)

Katie
  • Tulip
    :hello: Everyone,

I had a good day today,saw parents and then I went out to get Fish and Chips :) It was lovely :) had them on seafront with can of 7 Up.

My poems are on sixtyplussurfers website.Go here to read them:

http://www.sixtyplusurfers.co.uk/competition.html and scroll down the page.

Katie :)
  • ZCC72 wrote: »
    Hi Space donkey - I hope you are well at the moment! There are lots of forums on this site - I get loads of good advice from MSE, from cooking, cleaning, knitting, shopping, and there are amazing people here, that I consider friends. I hope that you are made to feel as welcome! :D

ETA - ignore the little ding dong above - it'll pass!
    I think I just have to get out more. Ive been told to join some clubs but Im afraid as I felt so down when my boyfriend dumped me, i havent been out with anyone for ages in case I get dumped again.
    what ding dong anything to do with leslie phillips
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello. :)

Welcome to all the new posters. I'm Annimouse or more informally "Mouse". I blame Sam. You should too. :rotfl:

Anyway, I hope the weather isn't too bland where you are. We've had drizzle here. I refuse to call it rain. The only weather that is rain in my eyes is a downpour and we haven't had one in ages. I want a downpour! Incase you hadn't noticed, I love ze rain!

Anywho, Sam just got back from a partay and came in for snuggles. :rotfl: Aw, bless! He takes good care of me.

Sas and I have come to the conclusion that whilst I hate resting and it makes me feel lazy, if I want to recover from this evil thing that is glandular fever, then I have to rest. >.< As much as it pains me, I give in. The past two weeks I have barely rested and now it's starting to catch up with me. Not good. Not good at all.

Sam and I watched the Matrix trilogy earlier (or should that be yesterday now?). Ah, great films. :)

Anyway, hope everyone is well and behaving themselves....somewhat anyway....:rotfl:

xx
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • clipboard2
    clipboard2 Posts: 250 Forumite
    Hi Sazzi
    Until very recently, I thought you lived in the Lake District....near a tarn (small lake) called Larnden...:rotfl: honestly! Silly CB2

You're right (post 65 - 2 March - soz quote thing doesnt work) about needing to be ready and in the right place at the right time before a person decides to get the help they need for their mental health problems.

What do you feel it was that gave you the courage to pick up the phone?

What would you say to others who might be feeling now as you did then?

Have a nice day in Larnden CB2X
  • clipboard2
    Aw, thank you Shaz for your kind words (post 1131 -26th March). I'm so glad to hear you felt so helped and supported by the Samaritans when things were desperate.
    We are just ordinary people! Just volunteers.
    Some Sams have suffered depression themselves in the past, so they know from their own experience what helps (and what doesn't).

If anyone reading this is feeling useless and worthless, may I encourage you to take heart; with a bit of support your life can be turned around no matter how black things feel right now........

www.sophieandrews.co.uk - Sophie's autobiography.....
    From Samaritan caller to Director of Samaritans (appointed 2008)

May I say Shaz, from your posts, you have shown remarkable resilience and perseverance in your difficult situation.
    Do you feel things could change? What might be of help?
    If you need a break, you're very welcome to come and stay in my home and enjoy some relaxation and chill out time.
    <hugs> CB2X
  • clipboard2
    :hello: Hello friends

It's always good to have 'insider' information....
    So here is the blogspot used by UK mental health professionals working in hospital and community, where they post, anonymously, whats really going on in the mental health system, and how they really feel about their patients.

www.mentalnurse.org.uk

Fascinating and quite an eye opener...
    Patients can post too ..anonymously of course!

*Suppose* had better get the clipboard out and do some work..!!
    Have a nice day everyone. Take care CB2X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport