Cineworld £1 per head Sat am family films

Options
What's the deal?

Many cinemas run cheap weekend showings of kids' films. Depending on which you go to, it can cost as little as £1.50 for entry for 1 adult and a child.

How can I get the tickets?

You can now book online for most cinemas, but you can just as easily turn up on the day to get these prices.

Vue cinemas have a 'Kids AM' club which costs £1.50 per child ticket. One adult goes free with each child, and extra adults pay £1.50. Click the link above to find out times and details of showings in your local cinema.

Cineworld runs a saturday morning club which costs £1 per head for adults and children. There is no specific info about it on the Cineworld site, but you can find out which films are on offer at each cinema.

Odeon cinemas' 'Kids club' offers a similar deal to Vue, except it costs £2.50 for a child and one free adult ticket. Extra adults pay £2.50. Again just click through to see what's available in your area.

Anything else I should know?

Discounted tickets are generally available for selected screenings only, and the films shown are usually a few months old.

Thanks go to brookchris for the original post.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• brookchris
    Options
    Only two catches to this: 10am screening, and the films were released 3 months ago.

If you can put up with that and have some kids, then find your local cineworld and give them a call.

Yes, it is still £1 per head for the adults as well (as long as the number of adults does not exceed the number of kids). If the Sheffield Cineworld is typical, then there is a choice of 3 films (this week it was Barnyard, Cars and Asterix), every single Saturday.

I can't find this published on the website, but I spotted it at the cinema and is also visible in their newspaper ads.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/reservation/ChoixResa.jgi?RAZ_REGION='O'
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    I went to our screening this morning with DS who's 4. We watched Barnyard and he loved it. Dad's gonna take him again in a couple of weeks.

Rebecca xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Odeon also do £2.50 a ticket with a free adult per child and Vue do £1.50 a ticket with a free adult per child
    I haven't got one!
  • doorstep
    doorstep Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    brookchris wrote:

Yes, it is still £1 per head for the adults as well (as long as the number of adults does not exceed the number of kids).

I don't think it matters how many adults go. Both me and OH take DD on a Saturday morning and only eve get charged £3.

Perhaps we're just lucky :confused:
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    what time does the one in vue start? and read somewhere that one of the weekend clubs does free popcorna nd drink any ideas which one? thanks
    :A :j
  • KTJB_2
    Options
    Vue timings are around 11am and are on both Saturdays and Sundays and also often during school holidays (if you look at their film listings kids film on once per day at around this time will be at this price we've found, even when it hasn't come up on the kids am link thing)

Cineworld ones can be found by going to cinemasonline.co.uk and looking at the film listings: there'll be three kids films on at about 10am on Saturdays. At our Cineworld for a while before the film there's a clown and facepainting and colouring and the kids were being given mini packs of Jammie Dodgers (but we haven't been for a few months, and the sponsorship might not be happening now: does anyone know?)

Beware of popular films when they first arrive on the kids clubs: we've been caught out with disgruntled, excited children when it's been full.
  • ozvaldinho
    ozvaldinho Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    I will no doubt be abused/thanked in equal measure for this, but: sometimes we pay a quid to get in to see a kids' film,watch a bit of it then leave the auditorium and go in to see one of the new releases. It helps if you time it right, ie go in at 10:15 just before the start of the film. You can look up what time the film you want to see the start times on the screens by the entrances.
    Your own water and popcorn will save another few quid too.

In my experience, Cineworld cinemas only check your tickets at the main entrance, rather than the individual auditoria. Some Vue cinemas do this too. Generally, the first showing of a film on Saturday morning isn't too busy, but obviously when there is a new blockbuster film out, the seats could get booked up if too many people did this.

I did ask one of the staff at one of the cinemas if this was ok...she said "once you've paid to get in you can do what you like" so I guess they're not too fussed.

Hope this saves someone a few quid.
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    Cineworld also do the kids boxes for half price at the kids club.
    With us it's just £1 a ticket regardless of children to adult ratio but I know our cinema is more lenient (sp) than some of the others
  • ABBIE10
    Options
    sounds good to me
  • jojo1970
    jojo1970 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2011 at 10:08AM
    Options
    i went with my dad it was soooooooooooooooo collll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport