PointShop cancel & block any payments?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Rokkchic wrote: »
    I am sharing my woes not for sympathy or any of those horrid "serves you right for being stupid" comments, but to warn all out there not to make the same mistake that I did.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In which case, you have posted on the wrong board.

Should be on the Warnings board.
  • ive just signed up for the toothbrush for £1 offer and all when i log in it said i have 0 points...do i have to earn point before i can order the toothbrush? or it it automaticly sent out? as it doesnt say anything about it on my account.
  • Best thing to do is to cancel your subscription immediately and contact your bank/credit card and get payments stopped. Because it is a subscription it is unlikely that you will be able to get a refund.

However, it may be worth complaining about this company to the Office of Fair Trading, as if it appears that many people are unwittingly subscribing and costs are not being made clear, they may have grounds to intervene.

Good luck!
  • The same thing happened to me and I reported it to the police as fraud, and I'm still following up. I would like to gather a collection of people scammed by this company, and am also currently setting up a website to warn others and gather a large group of people to take this on, and to share information about what happened, the process followed, and how to get money back, etc. This should be ready in a couple of months. Please reply here if you have been scammed by this company, thanks.
  • I am prepared to join any group that are willing to expose and take on these fraudsters!
  • rebeccauk
    rebeccauk Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have also been victim to this.

I have unsubscribed using the VIP area and it says this has successfully been done but then it still says my VIP subscription ends in 8 days....I'm confused...is there such a thing as a non-VIP subscription which is still chargeable?
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Am i missing something here? why would a 12 year old have access to your bank account details?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    themull1 wrote: »
    Am i missing something here? why would a 12 year old have access to your bank account details?

Presumably the 12 year old lives in the same house, knows where the OP keeps their wallet/purse, takes card out ....
    Rokkchic wrote: »
    .... This is honest trading. I'm used to getting reciepts for payments, emails confirming your orders etc ...

You missed the confirmation email then. Probably went to your spam folder. See the OP:-
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    My 12 year old has recently signed up for a subscription service called PointShop without my knowledge. I know this because i just got a confirmation email to tell me so

Sammyantha wrote: »
    The only telephone number is foreign and i believe they are in poland.

Denmark actually. Not that it matters. They're both in the EU and are perfectly respectable countries. (At least, neither of the two are Greece.)
  • themull1 wrote: »

The 12 year old may well be a 13 year old by now!
  • Eloise32
    Eloise32 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jimbo0072 wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me and I reported it to the police as fraud, and I'm still following up. I would like to gather a collection of people scammed by this company, and am also currently setting up a website to warn others and gather a large group of people to take this on, and to share information about what happened, the process followed, and how to get money back, etc. This should be ready in a couple of months. Please reply here if you have been scammed by this company, thanks.

Jimbo0072, I fell foul to this shoddy scam also, In April of this year, and I would like to contribute if I may, to your petition/website.

These companies need as much exposure as possible to prevent other people from suffering at their hands!

Kind regards,

Eloise32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family