British Gas - Free Magnabooster

Gerrard_8_lfc
Gerrard_8_lfc Posts: 794 Forumite
edited 20 July 2010 at 8:01PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Just thought Id mention BG are Providing and fitting these for free just now for the over 60s.

I got the email in work and it didn't say anything about T&Cs or stipulations to be eligible for this deal.

give them a call if you are over 60 and give it a go. :D

Area Service Centre - 0800 2949 650 then just mention this to see if you can get one. ( If you want one ofcourse )

Edit - I think you may need to have homecare again you will need to double check.
His Heart Proved He Was A Red
Suarez, Suarez
We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
Fernando Torres = El Judas

Comments

• roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What on earth is a Magnabooster? It sounds like it needs the flux capacitor to work and several gigawatts of electricity
  • I think its some form of a filter that helps stop the crap building up in your water pipes .
    Suarez, Suarez
  • Lube
    Lube Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    Its keeps your CH pipes clean so makes boiler more efficient shame it just over 60's cant find anything on net about this other than this thread

I think Op works at BG hence knows about this deal

wonder if the catch is it costs to fit I think these are around £100+
  • It was said in the email that fitting was included.
    Suarez, Suarez
  • far
    far Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I called up for my parents - one department was aware of such an offer and they put me through to someone else who could help but they are not aware of the offer :mad: I had a chat to Spirotech too since we currently have a Spirovent Dirt (seperator) installed under our boiler and they confirmed this would be a slight upgrade. Any other way of getting this anyone? BG Homecare don't seem to have a clue :(
  • Just thought Id mention BG are Providing and fitting these for free just now for the over 60s.

I got the email in work and it didn't say anything about T&Cs or stipulations to be eligible for this deal.

give them a call if you are over 60 and give it a go. :D

Area Service Centre - 0800 2949 650 then just mention this to see if you can get one. ( If you want one ofcourse )

Edit - I think you may need to have homecare again you will need to double check.
    I have homecare cover on my heating system and the boiler broke down so I called out the engineer .Whilst repairing the fault it was suggested that BG could fit a Magnabooster for £256.00 whilst on special offer.I contacted Homecares office and said I thought this was cheeky.They told me that if I was over 60 years old owned my own house, retired and did not receive benefits I could have one fitted free. They are coming next week to fit one.We shall see!!!!
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    will be following this one
  • CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wonder why its just over 60's, usually these types of offers include those on low incomes/disabled/benefits
  • Follow up to my post re Magnabooster, BG turned up on time as booked and fitted the FREE MAGNABOOSTER and also fitted a new pump as the existing one was rather clogged. At the moment they are my hero's!!!!!!!!!!

Hawk eye
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport