Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Comments

• Im Gutted!! have used Farepak for years and now have a group of family and friends who save with them through me !!! £2010 total this year,now have to go round and dissapoint them all ,
    Ninja you can save the Sparrowbones could nock up a nice soup for Christmas dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • devizes18193
    devizes18193 Posts: 1,594
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for posting this .We where going to send them our last hamper payment on monday. At least now we can buy some thing else
  • stenny_2
    stenny_2 Posts: 770
    First Post
    Forumite
    Mum Lost £200
    Sister £200
    Sis-in-law £300
    C0usin £800

Agent with other customers Total £3900
    Last payment was last week and it completed the order!
    Was always payed in direct to bank, so can't claim back of CC.

Gob-smacked!
    But first, the most asked question:

Q "Is anything worn under your kilt???"

A "No. Everything is in perfect working order Thank You!!."
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have never understood the attraction of these hamper companies. Wouldn't it be better to pay some money every week or month into a savings account and then use the money to buy your Christmas stuff. It must work out better value because some of your money in the hamper schemes has to pay for such things as agent's commission. Also I have found that the hamper invariably contains a few items which you don't want and so that's another waste of money.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • I feel sick paid final payment of £1000 pounds to freedom2shop last week have just telephoned to be told by recorded message that no refund and no
    vouchers will be sent. I spoke to them last week regarding my order for over £3500 and like many of you I am going to have to contact family and close friends to tell them that they won't be getting anything. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have robbed they're friends and family.
  • stenny_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    for anyone in Scotland, i've just heard it's in the Sunday mail about it.

• cookie334
    cookie334 Posts: 234 Forumite
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if Family Hampers are affected?

I really hope it all works out for you all and that you don't lose your money. This is terrible!
    Started comping 29/10/2010

WINS: 29/10 - bag of Skittles :T, Max Factor make up :j

Restarted Comping June 2011 - June wins: Cushelle Koala, Starbucks book and £5 card
  • stenny_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    sazzlewhit wrote:
    I feel sick paid final payment of £1000 pounds to freedom2shop last week have just telephoned to be told by recorded message that no refund and no
    vouchers will be sent. I spoke to them last week regarding my order for over £3500 and like many of you I am going to have to contact family and close friends to tell them that they won't be getting anything. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have robbed they're friends and family.

I understand how your feeling, (although i am not in it) but all my family are and i feel especially sorry for the agents who have to break the news!
    There agent (a family friend) has about the same amount as you.

• stenny_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    cookie334 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if Family Hampers are affected?

I really hope it all works out for you all and that you don't lose your money. This is terrible!

best bet is to phone them/agent and ask instead of worrying

• Just been to tell the last of my friends this morning that she is getting no vouchers this year,feel like I've had a kick in the stomach
    All my orders are for vouchers ,snobody ordered hampers ,I think a lotof peeps use these companies mainly for the vouchers theses days
    never again !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport