Hourly Pay at Asda?

2»

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Use it to gain valuable experience, then bang-in an application to Aldi. They start on £8.00 p/hr and use the likes of ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys to provide them with trained staff.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• patman99 wrote: »
    Use it to gain valuable experience, then bang-in an application to Aldi. They start on £8.00 p/hr and use the likes of ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys to provide them with trained staff.

As someone who did an interesting HR-related project with Aldi once upon a time...

It isn't a job for someone with a poor mentality, or someone who looks at how to get the most for the least effort. It's the kind of job where you will be expected to work hard for the entire shift, where you must be proactive and get the job done. They don't accept excuses, and it's certainly not the kind of place where you can expect sympathy and hugs (and tea) if you're having a bad day.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    We had a pay rise in October outside of the M25 it £6.50 day rate and £8.53 night rate most departments your paid on the 15 mins (thats after 12 weeks) so a few pence less for new starters
  • apply to Tesco instead...I am on £7.24 (ish) per hour...we have pensions, shares, discount and loads off staff exclusive offers
  • Thanks for all the replies and advice. I am a mature student so this is just a temp job for me until I graduate but with Christmas coming I was hoping to earn a bit more than I do at the moment - maybe I'll have to volunteer for a night shift! As my budget is quite tight (have a family as well as being a student) I had worked my Christmas budget out on the basis that in my current job I will get paid on 23 December. Anyone know how/when Asda staff get paid? If it's going to be after Christmas I may have to re-think my plans to leave current job anyway :-(
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Decembers pay date is on the 16th
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills