IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just ignore them and read the APCOA mega-thread, then check the sticky to see what letters to expect.

The advice above is great for phonecalls but the less contact you have now, the less likely they are to bother you further. :)
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Apcoa have a habit of getting the wrong VRM at Luton, if you were not there its of no interest to you just let them write their silly letters and ignore them.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Private = ignore, ignore, ignore some more.

Really, truly nothing else about your case is relevant ...simply ignore everything from them.

Yes...I mean it.

Seriously...ignore it all.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Hi
    Thanks for all the fast replies :j
    I should have said in my earlier post that I did actually stop and pick a friend up on the road at the airport, but it was on the day before the date stated on the letter from APCOA. I picked my friend up on Saturday 10th December, and the letter says I was there on 11th December (a Sunday). Does that make any difference.

I also looked at the Luton Airport website london-luton.co.uk/en/content/7/166/car-park-information.html
    It says there:
    "An £80 enforcement charge is payable by drivers who stop their vehicles to drop off or pick up passengers on the approach roads, roundabout, or bus lane leading up to the Airport terminal. This charge is reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days."
    Again, is this something that affects things?

Thanks again
  • cj1739 wrote: »
    I also looked at the Luton Airport website london-luton.co.uk/en/content/7/166/car-park-information.html
    It says there:
    "An £80 enforcement charge is payable by drivers who stop their vehicles to drop off or pick up passengers on the approach roads, roundabout, or bus lane leading up to the Airport terminal. This charge is reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days."

Not a jot. It's a random "condition" that a private company is trying to impose on you, and issuing penlaties if you don't. Such penalties (even if they try using the words enforcement charge) are not enforceable in law.

Treat it the same was as a parking charge from a private company, i.e. ignore it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    cj1739 wrote: »
    Hi
    I should have said in my earlier post that I did actually stop and pick a friend up on the road at the airport, but it was on the day before the date stated on the letter from APCOA. I picked my friend up on Saturday 10th December, and the letter says I was there on 11th December (a Sunday). Does that make any difference.

It says there:

Thanks again

Nope. Ignore it even if they had got the date right.

Only ever take seriously tickets from the Police, TFL, Councils (and certain tickets from TOCs such as Northern Rail who now enforce some of these).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    cj1739 wrote: »
    Hi

It says there:

Thanks again

Private = ignore, ignore, ignore some more.

Really, truly nothing else about your case is relevant ...simply ignore everything from them.

Yes...I mean it.

Seriously...ignore it all.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • in oct 2011 i dropped off my partner at luton airport, it was for 10 seconds on the side of a rd. 2 months later i get a letter from roxburghe statingi had 'illigally parked' and that i hadn't replied to a letter sent to me from apcoa (which i never received) and my time to appeal had run out, and that i now owed £122.
    i asked for proof of my aleged parking offense, and they sent me photos of me 'dropping someone off, not parking' i must have been there for no longer then 10 seconds as there was 2 photos taken 10 seconds apart. i then wrote a letter to apcoa stating that i was happy to pay £40 which was the price of the orginal fine (had i received the letter) and sent a cheque along with it. they have now sent me a letter stating to contact roxburghe along with my returned cheque.
    i called roxburghe and told them that i hadn't received the orginal letter therefore i felt happy to pay the £40, as there was evidence i had 'dropped someone off for 10seconds in a no drop off/pick up point' and when visiting the scene found there was a sign, although i did not notice it previously. Roxburghe were very rude, said that there was no way they'd reduce the fine, and when i said i'd call back the next day instead of paying for it, the man said i had wasted his time and put the phone down!!!!

my point is that i would agree to pay the £40 fine had i received the letter, but due to not getting it, i now owe £122. i wish i'd read these posts before contacting them, as now i'm not sure if i've made matters worse!
    any advice would be grately received!!!!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    From now on just ignore them. Nothing will happen. Finally it's not a FINE, it's an unenforceable index.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Yes, you had a very lucky escape. Had the idiot been less greedy, they would have settled for £40 which they weren't entitled to anyway.

Now give them nothing- zilch - nada, as they cannot and will not do anything about it. Use a bit of common sense- why should you pay these scammers money when you have done nothing whatever wrong?

Ignore anything you get from here on in. Because you did offer to pay (silly you) they will think you are a soft touch and they can bully you, so expect them to send you a bit of toilet paper in the next few weeks.

But if you continue to ignore, they WILL get fed up and WILL go away. I guarantee it.

When that happens, DO return and confirm they have gone, so that other victims of these tricksters can reassure themselves our advice works.

And tell all your friends- ON NO ACCOUNT pay scamming parking companies- ignore them, they will go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure