PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wednesday 5th December 2012

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want them that are having a hard/sad time at the moment x

Be careful in the snow those that have it x

Now getting light, raining and chilly here this morning. DH up and off to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was the LO roast lamb, mash, carrots, green beans, cauli/brocc cheese and yorkshires - was lovely, dessert from the tins for the menfolk. Tonight we will be having chicken chasseur.

Work was not so busy yesterday and we had a much better day with the computer systems, most now seem to be working.

My back feels much better, have been using pain relief gel - it's suits me much better than taking tabs etc, have also been having a hot bath in the evenings.

Only working until lunchtime today, then have the normal list of chores to do, want to get some washing in the machine as the basket seems rather full all of sudden, asked the boys to tidy their rooms and then the wash basket seems full (wonder how that happens??!!) Will get the last 2 xmas prezzies sorted by this weekend, so then just my boys to finish and the remaining food to either order or buy etc.

Have a great day everyone, stay safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Morning All

Completely white here today looks pretty at the moment but I have to be truthful I hate it.

DD has no college today DS' school isn't open till 10.45 so they are both still in bed. Been on the phone all morning sorting work stuff so am running a little behind. Going to throw some clothes on and get on with stuff now.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight - perfect for this weather :)

Molly - sorry I am so useless at that sort of thing but bet there will be loads of people who will be able to help.

Have a great day all.x
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    christmas_music.jpg
    Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
    In the lane, snow is glistening
    A beautiful sight,
    We're happy tonight.
    Walking in a winter wonderland :xmassmile
    In my calender - an elf :snow_laug

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Congrats Topsy :j[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cold and damp here, I want snow :angry:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been sorting and making lists. I'm getting organised - thought I was organised before but this is something else :D I have some friends cheering me on, which is very helpful.[/FONT]

I've done a bit of handwashing and cleaned out the animals. I need to sort through the freezer and make a few meals, which I'll split into portions then freeze. Still haven't got enough room for my party food, but this'll help a bit :D

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been told what the other trus want for Christmas. It's mostly DVDs which is great, I don't even have to leave the house :D I'm heading over to Amazon in a mo.[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • nlj1520
    nlj1520 Posts: 619 Forumite
    Morning all, snowy here. It's beautiful but I'm dreading the drive over to my son's.......it's nearly all on country roads. Normally takes about 45 minutes, but i'm going to allow extra time today and take it slowly.
    Son has some alarming medical symptoms, carers took him to the doc who was fairly relaxed about it. I am torn between the likeliest cause and thinking something terrible is going on. Son wouldn't let doc view the related area, so I am going to try to have a look today. Worrying about it kept me up all night, so feeling really groggy now. One of autism's 'symptoms' is a lack of or reduced response to pain, so it's really difficult to know when anything is going on. When my son fell off his bike and broke his thumb he just looked slightly surprised, he cracked a vertabrea and none of us knew until he grew a lump on his back that was healing tissue and obviously had to be investigated. I try not to be a panic monger, but I do get scared. Pain is the body's early warning system (usually) and he hasn't got it.
    Spoke to a nurse friend about it (she has a sister with special needs) who said probably simple cause but try to get a good look as there's one or two things that might need further testing or treatment. And if it happens again kick up a fuss until it's properly investigated.
    Sorry to waffle on, just letting off steam. Feel free to ignore all that.
    Need to make a few more gift tags and wrap last few presents. Need to get present for my step mom and for the people who support my son and do such a wonderful job. Write cards, wrap last few preseents and then I'm ready!!! Had my first card yesterday and I think I'll put the decorations up this year, can do that with OH tonight.
    Take care in the snow everybody, keep warm and look after yourselves.
    'Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.' T S Eliot
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 December 2012 at 10:22AM
    Good Morning all, and bon voyage to those who are travelling today Its snowing here in Kent and laying slightly but not too bad, I hope it goes away as I too am not a lover of the stuff.Looks nice but is awful to walk in when you need a stick as I do, but then I just have to stay indoors until its gone, as falling over at my age is a bit dangerous, and the NHS dosn't need me clogging up a bed.
    I have lots of stuff indoors anyway so have no need to go out for anything.I have today off as its DDs Wednesday off this week, so I am just going to potter around and make some cakes today.It was lovely to see my brother Davy, he is looking so well, and he got to see both of my DDs and families ,and is now on his way back to France where he lives, he is hoping to come back next May for a slightly longer visit which will be great if he can.

Eldest DD Shelley is coming on O.K. and sensibly for once is listening to her old Mum, and slowing herself down a bit.She will be off for at least another 3 weeks and probably just pop in to work just before they break up for the holidays, so she will get another two weeks on top to help her recouperate a bit.
    She is really pleased as British Airways sent her a cheque to cover her additional days at her hotel when her and her OH were stuck in NYC during Hurricane Sandy.It was very good of them and it was quite a chunck of cash so well done B.A. for looking after their customers for a change

Right, time I got the coffee pot on as I am in need of some caffeine to jump start my day.Victoria sponge cake and some cookies are on the menu for baking this morning.
    I have two chaps from my late OH's lodge coming tomorrow for a home visit so some HM cake will go down a treat I think.
    Take care everyone, and do be careful if you are driving or walking, especially if you are like me (I'm maybe weeble-shaped but I definitely don't bounce when I fall over :):))
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • Good morning :)

Flying visit but wanted to say congratulations on the new job to Topsy and to tell everyone to keep warm and safe as Winter truly seems to be upon us. Freezing here but no snow, just lots of ice on the car to scrape off.

Well wishes to all sick people and pets and hugs for those who need or just want them. Have a super day everyone :)

PS: I love the little Christmas messages from Tru.
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Nj - Hope you can "look" at DS.

Well tiddlers aren't at school, DD1 left groaning about the snow...she was wrapped up like a yetti when she left, shirt, jumper, blazer, coat, scarf. I've just seen her gloves on her bed....<rolls eyes>. Have swept and mopped downstairs, Shake n Vac'd upstairs, WM is on, TD will follow. I've got a PF clean todo today, might ask mil/fil to pop up or i'll cancel (dont want them getting it).

So for me a lovely day in :D
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    morning all!

didn't get time to read or post yesterday - work, hospital appointment plus collecting DS from work meant no spare time!

Work later, late shift today and we're taking a service user with severe disabilities to a Christmas disco/buffet :) I love going to these discos, its so wonderful to see everyone enjoying themselves:T

This morning I'm catching up on housework and laundry/ironing.

DS1 had an interview yesterday for a full-time job, he thinks it went well and he should know in the next few days so please cross your fingers for him.

Topsy - well done:T

DG - safe journey x

No snow here, don't want any either as it's horrible driving in the countryside on ungritted/cleared roads and I worry about DH being out on his milkround.

Beter crack on.

Take care all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • ally18
    ally18 Posts: 761 Forumite
    Morning everyone,

Very cold here in Notts but no snow. Had to defrost the car as I had forgotten to put my blanket over the windscreen as I normally do which was annoying.

I have decided I am going to write a letter to the college to complain. Like you say, another trip may not turn out so well and the tutors need to take more care with the kids in their charge!

My central heating seems to be playing up, it makes a roaring noise when the gas burners are on when on high. Ive spoken to the plumber who serviced it back in October but hes too busy to sort it out at the mo so must keep an eye on it and just keep it on a low setting but for longer to heat up. I think my bill is going to be high next time. :eek:

In work today, going to be quiet I think so i've brought in some dvds to watch to pass the time. Going to have soup again for tea when I get home at 7, thats what I had last night as well but its my comfort food. Not lost any weight this week but I didn't expect to as I've been pigging out :rotfl:.

Congratulations to TT on the new job.
    Molly, I do my girls stocking fillers with fluffy socks, posh shampoo & conditioner, kiddy sweets, pjs, deodrant, body sprays and hair stuff. (Basically the stuff they like but I don't normally buy each week because of the expense). Hth
    nlj, try not to worry too much, you will make yrself ill, hope its all ok.
    Pooky, so envious of yr roaring fire, going to go away and dream now.

Best wishes all, have as good a day as you can and enjoy.:)

A
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Morning all,
    Been up since 4.30 due to neck pain, I can hardly turn my head so dosed on Ibupro, because of this pain in the neck (no, not DH ha) I wasn't able to drive to the shops y/day couldn't look right or left to check traffic so DH will drive me today. I've started to write xmas cards and did some more wrapping.
    Stuffed chick breasts defrosting for dinner tonight to go with pots and cauli cheese.
    TOPSY Well done on getting the job.
    POOKY Hope DH will soon be on the mend.
    DONNYG Have a safe trip home.
    MOLLY Soopadrug have loads of stuff less than 1/2 price. I got a bag of choc coins for 65p, Sure roll on deodorent 1.46, Jar of marsh mallows 1.49 and loads of smellies 99p. Free delivery.
    CAMELOT Enjoy your evening.
    MIFFY Sorry to hear about your friend. Poss vibes on the way.
    NLJ Hope you get your DS's problem sorted.
    JACKIO Pleased to hear you had a great time with your DB.

Have a good day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport