Hermes Couriers

Options
Again, not sure this is the right board.

Does anyone know if Hermes are running behind schedule by a particular amount of time? It would be of some reassurance to me to estimate how long it will take for a delivery to arrive. I am waiting on two parcels (Christmas gifts from my mother) and have no joy with online tracking. Interparcel comes up with nothing and Hermes displays: "Error in Finding the Parcel Details. Contact Service Desk."

I am beginning to wonder if they are lost for good. :(

Comments

• medsec_222
    Options
    Not too happy with Hermes myself pinkcloud. I am waiting for a parcel which was supposed to have been delivered to the courier on Saturday 11 and then when I re-checked on Monday 13, it stated that it was delivered to the courier on Monday 13. It still hasn't arrived and like yourself, I am beginning to think that it will most probably not arrive. The parcel is from Debenhams, so if my experience is typical, Debenhams will be losing repeat business.
  • medsec_222
    Options
    I have tried to contact Hermes - they don't answer questions about parcels apparently and they advised me to contact my supplier. I have telephoned Debenhams who think Hermes have probably delivered the parcel to someone else! I am to phone Debenhams after ten working days and they will refund me the cost of the articles.

Strikes me as a bit odd that a Company whose business it is to deliver parcels, doesn't answer questions about parcels. Passing the buck or what !
  • medsec_222
    Options
    Just had a knock on my door- to my surprise it was my parcel.

The courier was a middle-aged lady. She looked cold and her hands were freezing. I think the couriers do the job for below the minimum wage and apparently they pay their own petrol costs! She said she only had one or two more parcels to deliver. I wish I had been a bit more patient now.
  • RobertR
    RobertR Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I arrived home this evening to find a card on the mat from Hermes saying a parcel had been left at the rear. The only problem was it wasnt for me. Correct address but someone I had never heard of. Pretty sure also its not for the neighbours although I dont know them that well. Almost needed a magnifying glass to read the phone number on the card which was permanently engaged for around 30 mins.

Finally went on their website and sent a a snotty message asking them to ring me as I was a bit peed off by this time. Will try phoning again in the morning.

I'm near Peterborough.
  • kr15snw
    kr15snw Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    I'm waiting for a parcel from H&M via Hermes. I ordered it last Sunday and it's still 'waiting in depot'!

H&M said it should be here soon but thats all they can say. Annoying bit it I ordered a load of stuff for my holiday and I'm going on Friday, grrrrrrr!!!
    Green and White Barmy Army!
  • harrietthespy
    Options
    I've had an absolute nightmare with Hermes. My boyfriend ordered me some boots from ASOS two weeks ago, when it was snowing (cold feet you see!). Hoping they would arrive in a few days. Ordered on the second, ASOS dispatched on the 3rd. ASOS gave me a tracking number which for a couple of days just said (much like the OP) parcel not found. Took this to mean the tracker hadn't updated yet (this happens with a lot of courier, so no real worry). Finally on the 6th the tracker updated to say "Hub Trailer via sorter". It was then two days before it was actually "sorted" and received into the depot.

Since then, as far as I can tell, it's been passed back and forth between various couriers with no one actually attempting to deliver it, except once, on a SUNDAY. of course, I wasn't expecting any deliveries on a Sunday, so I was out. Whoever tried to deliver it left a card saying this was the second delivery attempt, but I've been in most days and there's been no knock on the door and certainly no card put through, so I don't know when this apparent first attempt was. Apparently after the third attempt, if I can't contact them, they'll return to sender, so a bit worried about that, especially since the boots are now sold out on ASOS so this is my only chance to get them.

This is the tracking info - if you're wondering, they've not actually tried to deliver on any of the days marked "out for delivery".

Date Time Status
    15/12/2010 09:26 Courier Received
    15/12/2010 06:17 Out For Delivery
    14/12/2010 19:36 Carried Forward
    13/12/2010 05:29 Out For Delivery
    12/12/2010 14:26 Courier to Re-attempt
    10/12/2010 10:45 Courier Received
    09/12/2010 06:19 Out For Delivery
    08/12/2010 19:01 Carried Forward
    08/12/2010 06:57 Out For Delivery To Courier
    08/12/2010 01:00 Processed at Depot
    06/12/2010 15:33 Hub Trailer Via Sorter
    06/12/2010 09:15 Order Generated
  • adviceforall
    Options
    Couriers get 40p for each parcel delivered ( a bit more in rural areas) and don't get anything for turning up at a house and not delivering anything and yes they have to pay their own petrol as well.
  • bethesda
    bethesda Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    Couriers get 40p for each parcel delivered ( a bit more in rural areas) and don't get anything for turning up at a house and not delivering anything and yes they have to pay their own petrol as well.

and they have to pay for parking!

undelivered items? sometimes rather frustratingly there is no where to leave a card to show attempted delivery due to there being no letterbox.............wonder how well a card being left on the entrance door (where all and sundry could see it) would go down?:think:
  • dannim12345
    Options
    My H&m parcel from Hermes has gone missing. Apprently its been deliveried & signed for but as my mum was home all day, it clearly gone elsewhere... Now I'm awaiting H&M to 'investigate'.
  • Taylorette
    Options
    I, too, am having a nightmare with Hermes. I am waiting on a delivery from Dorothy Perkins, which I ordered on December 9th. I understood that the weather was bad at the time and I would possibly have to wait a few extra days for my parcel, but when my Hermes tracker updated to "out for delivery" at 5:46am yesterday, I obviously expected it to be delivered. Nothing. Then this morning at 11:13am it added a new status of "out for delivery" again. Nothing. Now, it has only updated within the last hour (but it states this was at 3:15pm) it says "carried forward".

I have no idea what this means. I understand that couriers may have a backlog of parcels, but I assumed that "out for delivery" meant that the local courier had the item and was in my area, so why it hasn't been delivered I don't know. It hasn't snowed here in over a week and the road conditions are fine. I've had to ask people to sit in my house all day waiting on this delivery and it's impossible for me to continue to do so (not to mention the fact that it's Christmas presents that I've ordered and there's only 8 days to go!).

When you try to contact Hermes, you're told they can't help you and you've to contact the retailer! How, exactly, are Dorothy Perkins supposed to know where on Earth a Hermes driver is and what they're doing with my parcel?! And when you do phone you're in a long queue anyway (and after paying for this delivery service I can't afford the call costs to be honest!).

I did a bit of searching for reviews earlier, and I'm surprised retailers are still using this service for their deliveries. A number of people have complained, and in all honesty this experience has put me off buying from the Dorothy Perkins website again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure