Do Sky charge for 0800 calls ?

Ive moved my calls to Sky for free evening and weekend calls.

Does this include 0800 numbers as i cant find any info on this.

thanks

Comments

• i think you'll find 0800 numbers are freephone!!! all the time

only mobile networks can charge for 0800, as they hv an infrastructure to support.

anyway, if sky do, i think you need to report them to Ofcom.

but assume not.
  • Jon_S_4
    Jon_S_4 Posts: 259 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Thanks for the reply. Ive just done some more searching and found the price list on the sky website. And it is free..
  • 0800 is free from any landline calls provider
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Jon_S wrote: »
    Ive moved my calls to Sky for free evening and weekend calls.

Does this include 0800 numbers as i cant find any info on this.
    If you're only using Sky as your CPS calls provider, play safe and prefix 0500, 0800 and 0808 calls with 1280 to send them via BT.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • good tip!!!
  • Jon_S_4
    Uniform Washer
    Heinz wrote: »
    If you're only using Sky as your CPS calls provider, play safe and prefix 0500, 0800 and 0808 calls with 1280 to send them via BT.

Thanks Heinz. I do route all the above calls via BT, however in my orchid dialling rules there isnt a 1280# prefix to the new 0800 directory enquiries you mentioned in your latest 'dialling rules' (or there wasnt at the weekend)
  • Heinz
    Jon_S wrote: »
    Thanks Heinz. I do route all the above calls via BT, however in my orchid dialling rules there isnt a 1280# prefix to the new 0800 directory enquiries you mentioned in your latest 'dialling rules' (or there wasnt at the weekend)
    An oversight on my part I'm afraid - I asked Orchid to add the Carrier 0800100100 but forgot the 1280 prefix.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz
    Heinz wrote: »
    An oversight on my part I'm afraid - I asked Orchid to add the Carrier 0800100100 but forgot the 1280 prefix.
    My oversight has now been corrected.

1280#0800100100 now also (as well as 0800100100) appears in CW Client's drop-down list of Carriers.

That is also the Carrier to which dialling 192 in translated in the 19 February 2008 update to the program.
  • Jon_S_4
    Uniform Washer
    Thanks Heinz.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business