fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ive more or less done it as well.
    Only have a very odd one now when I have a drink.
    Maybe 10 all year to date.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Wow...I think you're inspirational....well you certainly are to me anyway hun!! Well done!!!

With regards to cutting down on smoking....I was smoking 40+ a day and had been smoking for 17 years when I decided to quit....It was because my Boyfriend at the time told me what cigarettes had done to his Mum...and that really shocked me. He then gave me an Incentive...something that I really really wanted if I could give up Smoking for 3 months....which I did.

I went to the Doctor's...and they sent me to a "Stop Smoking Clinic" but I didn't find that helpful given that the Advisor openly told me that HE hadn't given up smoking himself!!!! :rotfl:

In the end it was mostly willpower....and the fact that I couldn't afford it...

Maybe you could start by saying you will cut down by one pack a week....Baby steps remember? Maybe that will help...

I believe in you hun...you CAN and WILL achieve your Goals...look how far you've come already....
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Day off today and weekly housework blitz done, only the ironing left. I swear the fairies drop that off over night!

Successfully fitted the draught excluder:jOH isn't able to do DIY and BIL when I asked him to fit it said it would have to wait until after Christmas! That was all the incentive I needed. Am so chuffed about the ease with which I did it am going to buy another and do my kitchen door.

Going to start 2nd pyjama case today then once that's done my sewing machine can go away until after Christmas -I need the table.

Thank you for all your supportive comments they really help to keep me motivated.

Am going to tackle the smoking straight after Christmas as I think I have more chance when I'm not surrounded by heavy smokers. Sounds like delaying tactics:eek:it's not just giving myself a fighting chance.
    More later.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • robsmum_2
    Just done BIL's cleaning so that's an extra £20 earnt:jGoing to finish the 2nd pyjama case this afternoon and thats another persent done.
    Am Christmas shopping on Saturday with BIL -rather I am accompanying him and stopping him having a tantrum:eek: for which he buys me lunch. This is my annual gritting of teeth session and pointing him in the right direction. Getting it easier each year as I keep sending him on Amazon:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    BIL's Christmas shopping done:jOur Christmas shopping done apart from last minute fresh things:j
    Weekly housework blitz also done:j

Plans for this week:
    Refresh Christmas decorations
    Put up tree
    Wrap presents
    Start Christmas baking
    Clear veg patch if weather permits:eek:
    Last of this weeks ironing.

All looking good so far - am impressed with how much simpler everything has been this year all down to getting organised!

Just read that the average family wastes £50 of food a month -don't think I've wasted that in a year:eek:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Last day off and alone before Christmas! Got the weekly housework blitz all done, just thye usual ironing left.

What I've learnt this year is organisation is definately the key, along with baby steps and 15 minute bursts. I haven't been this organized in years:jIt is a lovely feeling to reach Christmas completely un-stressed and solvent :j
    I've even coped with BIL's annual Christmas meltdown -this year has been far worse than normal as he's having to move out of his comfort zone and go with his parents to his daughters in Exeter. He's phobic about Christmas:eek:I just gritted my teeth, let him waffle on and suggested next year he either got counselling or volunteered for the Salvation Army:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Going to browse around the net and see if I can find a simple budgetting sheet for next year and have some lunch.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • Hellloooooooo :D
    Just wanted to say hello because I've been so busy and haven't got on here for aggeeeessss!!!!
    You've done well with your diary hunny - well done :)
    Hope you have a lovely Xmas - it's already sounding like a chilled start :)
    Catch you soon love :)
    Jen xx
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Happy New Year robsmum and her lovely followers :)
    Love Jenny xx
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wishing you lots of health and happiness in 2012.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    HI RM! Happy new year xxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business