Vacuum cleaner for pet hair

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Miele Cat &Dog is the way to go, several models available.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Mila
    Mila Posts: 11 Forumite
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Miele Cat &Dog is the way to go, several models available.
    Thanks, I've looked into this one too. Unfortunately, I found quite a few negative reviews, written a year after the purchase. "the HEPA filter which pops out continually, breaking the seal and stopping the suction.", which makes it useless . They say it is a designer fault. So I am not sure now which models this applies to (that particular review is written on 28 March this year about" Miele S6220 2000 Watt Cat and Dog", I'm not allowed to post links yet). I was wondering if Miele had done anything about it in their later models, that's why I am looking for reviews from people who've had the hoover for more than a year - and which models they find successful.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 September 2013 at 1:23PM
    I have had my Miele TT5000 Cat and Dog for 4 years, its as good today as it was on day 1. The only complaint is that its built like a tank and is a little heavy.

I guess you mean this one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B006ZM04QW/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Mila
    penrhyn wrote: »
    I have had my Miele TT5000 Cat and Dog for 4 years, its as good today as it was on day 1. The only complaint is that its built like a tank and is a little heavy.

I guess you mean this one.
    [link removed]

That's exactly the one I meant, yeah, thanks. Yours is a bit hard to find but I will certainly consider it - saw it on Amazon. Thanks again! :beer:
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I've actually got the Miele cat and dog and the Henry. I got the Miele one about 12 years ago - from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee, we had a dog then and it was great, its only slowing down now - my fault for not changing the filter and from hay bits blocking it as I've got guinea pigs indoors.

We've also got a Henry as my Mum finds the Miele too heavy and Henry's a lot lighter, its very good but I'd say the Miele is a lot, lot better than the Henry when it comes to pet hairs.
    I'd always say to consider John Lewis and the extended guarantees they often include for no additional charge.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • Mila
    alisont wrote: »
    I've actually got the Miele cat and dog and the Henry. I got the Miele one about 12 years ago - from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee, we had a dog then and it was great, its only slowing down now - my fault for not changing the filter and from hay bits blocking it as I've got guinea pigs indoors.

We've also got a Henry as my Mum finds the Miele too heavy and Henry's a lot lighter, its very good but I'd say the Miele is a lot, lot better than the Henry when it comes to pet hairs.
    I'd always say to consider John Lewis and the extended guarantees they often include for no additional charge.

From all I've read, Miele with probably one of the best choices, I want an upright, so the rotating brush picks the hair from the carpet, and not me going over the same place over and over again :(

The thing is, it is a bit outside my price range at the moment, I'm afraid... I'll think about it though, John Lewis with their extended guarantee is also worth considering. Thanks.
  • Asher
    Asher Posts: 150 Forumite
    Get laminate floors and you can use anything! Seriously our carpet was full of dog hair and was hard to get up.
  • Mila wrote: »
    From all I've read, Miele with probably one of the best choices, I want an upright, so the rotating brush picks the hair from the carpet, and not me going over the same place over and over again :(

The thing is, it is a bit outside my price range at the moment, I'm afraid... I'll think about it though, John Lewis with their extended guarantee is also worth considering. Thanks.

I bought a Miele upright a couple of years ago because they're supposed to be the best. It cost me an arm and a leg and I stopped using it 12 months ago in favour of a lightweight vac. The Miele is just so heavy, it wore me out!!
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • Taadaa wrote: »
    I think I've had my cylinder hoover for a few years and I can't get the beige living room carpet clean from three cats and my long hair without taking the nozzle off and getting on my hands and knees (no jokes please :p) well I am fed up with that malarky so can anyone recommend a good vaccum for pet hair? I don't really want to spend more than 150, car insurance is due this month :o

Not a hoover, but check out this device called a Furminator, its like a hook sort of creation, and you use it as a grooming tool - it really, REALLY gets the hair off them, so less moulting and less hair to vacuum up. We have one short haired lab/staff cross and one border collie so they have alot of hair between them, but we really notice a difference when regularly grooming with the furminator! Try to use it once a week minimum, although we've had periods of using it once a day, and the difference was just remarkable.
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Hi Iv four cats a dog and other small feathered and hairy humans and animals. The best thing Iv found was this mop as it gets the hairs up so you can hoover them up .

http://www.jmldirect.com/content/ebiz/shop/invt/s30sp30100000001/supermoppro_l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure