Claim your catalogue and store card charges and ppi back

Recently i wrote on here i had been successful in claiming back charges from store cards new look and creation that was the adams card also mothercare card i am now claiming back from very- littlewoods= isme= next and the argos card i will keep you updated as to how far i will get with them also got my ppi back from creation so if in doubt folks check all the catalogues
or store cards you have had in the past ....:j

Comments

• Mugpops
    Mugpops Posts: 6 Forumite
    cazcoo wrote: »
    Recently i wrote on here i had been successful in claiming back charges from store cards new look and creation that was the adams card also mothercare card i am now claiming back from very- littlewoods= isme= next and the argos card i will keep you updated as to how far i will get with them also got my ppi back from creation so if in doubt folks check all the catalogues

Hi! I am about to do this with my Dorothy Perkins and Topshop accounts to Santander Have just sent off the request for data letter so I can find out exactly how much they owe. Although, I wanted to ask some help - seeing as you've been successful at this - where can I find the most up-to-date template letter I can use to send to them? I have two; one I forget where I got it from now and another one found this morning from the BBC website back from 2006 (which is very different and long-winded citing cases)! Any help much appreciated
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mugpops wrote: »
    Hi! I am about to do this with my Dorothy Perkins and Topshop accounts to Santander Have just sent off the request for data letter so I can find out exactly how much they owe. Although, I wanted to ask some help - seeing as you've been successful at this - where can I find the most up-to-date template letter I can use to send to them? I have two; one I forget where I got it from now and another one found this morning from the BBC website back from 2006 (which is very different and long-winded citing cases)! Any help much appreciated
    Use the template letter provided in the MSE guide to reclaiming credit card charges, and modify as necessary.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Mugpops
    Premier wrote: »
    Use the template letter provided in the MSE guide to reclaiming credit card charges, and modify as necessary.

Thanks!
    One more question, what are people doing with store card charge claims; are you claiming the difference for older charges, the full charge amount, or the whole lot with interest?! Just wanted to know what's the best success rate with the different options so I know what's most sensible when I write to them.
    Again, many thanks for any info :T
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Premier wrote: »

Thanks!
    One more question, what are people doing with store card charge claims; are you claiming the difference for older charges, the full charge amount, or the whole lot with interest?! Just wanted to know what's the best success rate with the different options so I know what's most sensible when I write to them.
    Again, many thanks for any info :T

Again, follow the advice given in that article.

Many varying success stories can be found in the sticky thread above.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Mugpops
    I have finally received the information requested (had to go down the ICO route to get it) and it's incomplete. There's a sheet missing from 2010/11 so when I receive that back I will have the full picture! However, I wanted to ask you my charges are from 2008-present and are all the £12s. Am I still legally entitled to claim this back? I'm just not so sure about this now after downloading the letter re. asking for money back with interest etc, what's written therein is making me think I might not be entitled to the £12s charges as this is the legal limit? Am I right/wrong. I'll will be writing anyway (- what the hell!) but I just wanted to get some advice on where I actually stand in my circumstances. Any help much appreciated, you seem to know loads about it, so thanks in advance - MP :beer:
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    I have finally received the information requested (had to go down the ICO route to get it) and it's incomplete. There's a sheet missing from 2010/11 so when I receive that back I will have the full picture! However, I wanted to ask you my charges are from 2008-present and are all the £12s. Am I still legally entitled to claim this back? I'm just not so sure about this now after downloading the letter re. asking for money back with interest etc, what's written therein is making me think I might not be entitled to the £12s charges as this is the legal limit? Am I right/wrong. I'll will be writing anyway (- what the hell!) but I just wanted to get some advice on where I actually stand in my circumstances. Any help much appreciated, you seem to know loads about it, so thanks in advance - MP :beer:

Claim it all back, you know you want to.

The worst they can do is refuse. :)
  • stapesmk1
    stapesmk1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi all. Sent my 1st letters last week for 1X Capital One credit card and 4 different online catalogues. Freemans have responded with a letter saying that

"I would point out that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 78 (3), we are not required to send you copy agreements when these relate to agreements (accounts) for which no money is payable". They kindly sent back my £1 cheque,

I have recently cleared my balances with all 4 online accounts and my credit card. Is the "no money payable" in reference to having a zero balance? If so, can they do this? Should I order something small so there is money payable on them all? If not then are they able to dismiss me so easily?

Whats my next move? Much appreciation in advance.
  • Mugpops
    That sounds like Bull to me: with my accounts (x3), one is closed and the other two are zero balances and I got the info I wanted, although I had to put my case to the Information Commission first to force them to! However, this only took just over a week to get a result and was really straightforward. I'd contact the Information Commissioner's Office and just ask them to check if this is correct, it's an 0303 number I think... I phoned it the other day and got through quickly and they were really helpful... Good luck
  • Just tried and failed with my dp storecard thats had ppi on it since 1995!!!!!
    Pushy in store assistants throwing these cards at 18year old skint students working for peanuts, when they tell you "get our store card and pay nothing today aswell as 20% discount" i practicaly bit her hand off for it lol. Nowt was mentioned or explained about the insurance i didnt even fill the form in only my address then signed it. Santander have said im entitled to nothing because ive had numerous chances to cancel it and didnt.

Ombudsman, here i come!
  • cazcoo wrote: »

hi just wondering was these services charges you claim back:T:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure