We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    angelheart wrote: »
    Hi

I hope I am posting in the right place.
    My laptop broke a week ago, and the hard drive has been replaced, wiping all my original links.

Before this happened I had some short cuts to - today's most popular. I have searched the forum for the past hour looking for it, please can someone help

thanks K

Others shortcuts that may be handy are here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4140535
  • weeowens
    Forumite
    Hi benches.I'm unsure why you cannot post the edited links.
    Have you tried posting but minus the www or http bit eg on this it would be:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1014121&page=11

If not just post a few times in "I won" by congratulating a few.I think after about ten congrats you'll be live.
    ETA: Just spotted your signature.If you are posting re your own company that will be frowned upon by MSE.In all probability it will deleted & you may have your account PPR'd.
    Comps from elsewhere are fine :-)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Benches wrote: »
    I've tried to post a new competition, without any links at all, and im still getting the error message stating that because im new/havent made enough posts, that I cannot post an article with links in.

No links in my signature too, disabled auto parsing incase there was some accidental reference, but not applicable :(

Help?

Thanks in advance!

hi, it's because you're a relatively new user :)
    you can up your postings as well by asking questions/enquiring/loads of hints & tips etc in the

Compers Chat Corner or

The Compers Inn Part 39

hth :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• I wonder if you can help me.I saw a posting in one of today's comps about the referrer which implied that this can be used to mask your use of MSE.Is this correct,and if so how do I use it?
    Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.
  • weeowens
    Forumite
    edited 27 December 2012 at 2:46PM
    I'm not sure where the post is but it has been mentioned a few times on here.

I prefer a more simple method.I just drag the comp link to a new tab & that "hides" any link back to MSE.
    In reality I think most promotors do not really care that we arrive via MSE as it be a random draw.I've just got into the habit of dragging the link.

ETA: More info' from # 371 on here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=54006781&highlight=referrer#post54006781
  • Been comping for a little while, but just wondered whether there is any issue entering comps from the links given. I seem to remember reading in a post some while ago that we could be tracked from this site, and some competition issuers may not like that. Should I be copying and pasting the link instead?
  • weeowens
    Forumite
    Been comping for a little while, but just wondered whether there is any issue entering comps from the links given. I seem to remember reading in a post some while ago that we could be tracked from this site, and some competition issuers may not like that. Should I be copying and pasting the link instead?

Some have mentioned this so I just now drag all links to a new tab.

I am now in the habit of doing it on every entry but it has not made a deal of difference to my win rate :-)
  • I have been a member a few minutes! and really need some advice on where to start how to go about entering competitions and using this useful site. Any help would be most appreciated as I'm feeling lost!
  • fire**fly
    Forumite
    talbot206 wrote: »
    I have been a member a few minutes! and really need some advice on where to start how to go about entering competitions and using this useful site. Any help would be most appreciated as I'm feeling lost!

hi & welcome :)
    when i first joined the 1st thing i found was this thread..
    with lots of useful/helpful info to get started..

Sticky: Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

(multipage.gif123 ... Last Page)

then started from page 1 of the comps board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

hth & lots of good luck xx

。◕‿◕。¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸。◕‿◕。

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Forumite
    edited 22 May 2013 at 8:52PM
    there's also a great board for asking questions/if you need any help etc

Compers Chat Corner
    Take a seat, this is the place to chat about comps, post hints and tips, ask questions galore and relax after a hard session comping...

:)

。◕‿◕。¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸。◕‿◕。

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure