Can i tax car with no log or reminder?

Comments

• sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    vaio wrote: »
    Same logic applies to number plates, if you take the car with the broken plate attached you should be able to get a replacement, instead you have to have logbook, passport, gas bill and mother's birth certificate

(or whistle a hassle free one up from ebay)

Laughable when people just steal them anyway now from your car, so pointless!

Again, trying to close the small holes and leaving huge gaps in the system
  • Sandoval
    Sandoval Posts: 903 Forumite
    Hey Sassy-One who does this Sassy-One1 think he is coming on here with a practically identical username!? :D
  • Evening everyone ;)

It is possible to tax online from this link: http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Home

Click on the blue sign, tick 'Yes' to each Q and then enter either the reminder number or if you haven't had the reminder (seen the troubles above!) then you can do it with the vehicle reg and document number from the V5 :D

DVLA computer checks the car has a current MOT (if applicable) and has insurance then Voila!, issues your tax disc.

I've just bought a car. Didn't even have the V5, just the small change of ownership part of the sent off V5 (does list doc no. on though) but still managed to tax online :T

Hope that can help some of you, apologies OP - my knowledge does have limits but Good Luck ;)

Stephen :p
  • sassy_one
    Forumite
    Sandoval wrote: »
    Hey Sassy-One who does this Sassy-One1 think he is coming on here with a practically identical username!? :D

I haven't noticed - although I am informed it has been flagged to MODS, maybe the 'maker' fancies me, who knows ;)
  • Sandoval
    sassy-one wrote: »
    I haven't noticed - although I am informed it has been flagged to MODS, maybe the 'maker' fancies me, who knows ;)
    Well I think you should go and kick his bottom... :cool:
  • sassy_one
    Forumite
    Evening everyone ;)

It is possible to tax online from this link: http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Home

Click on the blue sign, tick 'Yes' to each Q and then enter either the reminder number or if you haven't had the reminder (seen the troubles above!) then you can do it with the vehicle reg and document number from the V5 :D

DVLA computer checks the car has a current MOT (if applicable) and has insurance then Voila!, issues your tax disc.

I've just bought a car. Didn't even have the V5, just the small change of ownership part of the sent off V5 (does list doc no. on though) but still managed to tax online :T

Hope that can help some of you, apologies OP - my knowledge does have limits but Good Luck ;)

Stephen :p

That is good advice Stephen, but OP can't do this either, as they do not have the V5 or the reminder, and you need the reference number on either one of them to do it online, so the DVLA local office is really the only way forward to obtain a Tax disc now !
  • sassy_one
    Forumite
    Well I think you should go and kick his bottom... :cool:

Haven't time Sandoval - doesn't affect me - Summer holidays are over soon anyway, then may be the child-ish pranks will cease! :j
  • Sandoval
    sassy-one wrote: »
    Haven't time Sandoval - doesn't affect me - Summer holidays are over soon anyway, then may be the child-ish pranks will cease! :j
    Well I'm fu*king jealous you've got a stalker and I haven't.
  • sassy_one
    Forumite
    Well I'm fu*king jealous you've got a stalker and I haven't.

I'm sure your time will come, just stay around long enough and not go down to their level of personal insults and remarks, oh and proving there not right all the time as they would like to think, I'm sure you'll end up with a few by the end of it.

I have had a few people follow me round on here last night, I'm not interested, I'm happily married :)

I think schools should start setting homework for Summer holidays, clearly they have to much time on their hands
  • sassy-one wrote: »
    .......so the DVLA local office is really the only way forward to obtain a Tax disc now !

I acknowledged that on the last sentence - just didn't word it clearly enough!lol :doh: :rotfl:

And any advice on how you get a stalker? Wouldn't mind one either! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport