Nhs discounts??

Comments

• nibs
    nibs Posts: 577
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Netwizard wrote: »
    Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts" :(
    It does now, I spoke to them yesterday and they offered it on the iphone 4s (20%) :)
  • lmur wrote: »
    The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
    National Express 15%
    O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)

you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks
  • you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks

Your NHS ID badge.
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
  • Just to let people know, not all Domino's offer an NHS discount. All stores are franchised and it's up to the franchisee on all deals or discounts. Some offer emergency services discounts and military but are collection only, not for delivery. Most won't offer them on delivery. Thanks for all the advice though! I'll make sure and take my ID to Nandos next time!
  • MiraculousM
    MiraculousM Posts: 323
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lmur wrote: »
    The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
    National Express 15%
    O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)

i never knew about subway! or dorothy perkins! best news
  • Tao81
    Tao81 Posts: 653 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2013 at 10:16PM
    I've worked for the NHS for years and was completely unaware of some brilliant offers available to NHS staff :eek:. Go seek them out!

A colleague informed me recently about Nandos, simply showed my work ID badge in a local Nando's and got 20% off whole of my bill (for 2 people).
    ......Be slightly careful though, one server gave me 20% off whole of my bill and another server in the same restaurant asked if both of us worked for the NHS and claimed that the discount was available on the NHS workers meal only?!!

Found out yesterday that EE shops offer 20% discount on all contract tariffs over £20 per month to NHS staff, Emergency workers, Millitary, council and teaching staff!!
    Was about to buy a phone at EE store where, after overhearing a conversation I was having with my daughter, the store manager asked me where I worked and kindly informed me of the offer and listed all workers eligible (see above).
    Got the discount today, showed my work ID badge and a payslip which they photocopied (to qualify the payslip had to be current, within the last couple of months).

Such good offers, really pleased!.......Does anyone else know of other similarly significant moneysaving offers for NHS staff? (Include terms of the offer, if you can please?).
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. :A
  • windsor988
    windsor988 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Does anyone know if the o2 discount is off the mobile bill each month? I have only ever had a 'lump sum' of credit added to my account and then deduct the monthly amount off that until it has ran out, but if anyone knows how to get a monthly discount, please let me know.
    Cheers.:money:
  • You can also get discounts on new car lease deals - see forcesleasing.com, they supply to the military, police and other emergency services, including NHS.
  • I changed by tarriff with Orange 2 months ago and I have only just seen this NHS discount thread that you can get a 20% discount on tarriff over £20, my tarriff is £21 so only just.

So I have rang Orange complaining that when I asked if there were anyother discounts that could be applied I was told no, gave it the sob story. They informed me the discount only applies when you initially take out the tarriff but on this occassion they will honour it as its only been 2 months.

Yippe 20% discount. Worth ago :T
  • 100saving
    100saving Posts: 314 Forumite
    Has anyone does this with Three lately? i have been with Three for years! my contract is only £10 a month but could i get something off?
    Age: 24 / London/Ireland / Salary €49,000 / 1 London BTL (8% yield) / Total savings pot £12k+
    Lloyds Club CA £5,000 @4% / FD Regular Saver £3,600 @6% (12 of 12) / TSB Classic CA £2,000 @5%
    Clydesdale Direct CA £1,000 @2% / Santander ISA £700 @0.5% / Premium Bonds - £100
    Halifax Reward CA (£5 per month) / Santander 1|2|3 CC (cashback)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure