How To Legally Stop Paying Your Tv Licence!

Janemcc
Janemcc Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 14 March 2013 at 8:54PM in I wanna buy it or do it
Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert

For full info on whether you can stop paying for a TV licence, see the main website's TV Licence guide.

Back to the original post...

is this right? is this legal? Any advice/
This is the link I used on facebook

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121505205402

Many people who have followed this procedure (See Below) have not paid for their licence for many years, and have NOT been prosecuted for non payment – not even contacted by the BBC regarding future payment. In the very near future we will be publishing a list of people who have refused to pay, and continue to do so.

EACH PERSON TO KEEP A COPY OF THIS LETTER FOR THEIR OWN RECORDS (ATTACHED TO THE CERTIFICATE OF POSTING BY RECORDED DELIVERY)

Put Personal Name & Address here
Put Date Here.

Sir Michael Lyons
The Chairman, By 1st Class Post
BBC, Recorded Delivery.
Broadcast centre,
201 Wood lane,
London
W12 7TP

Dear Sir Michael Lyons

Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848
Notice Before Action.

It has been brought to my attention that the Corporation has received and is now receiving substantial amounts of funding from the European Union, in breach of Charter Provisions, and that in consequence of this very suspect arrangement the BBC is now reduced to the function of providing both broadcasting & propaganda facilities to a form of alien authority that fails to acknowledge the Supreme Authority of the British Crown.

I must advise you that all such conduct serves to breach the provisions of the Treason Act, 1351 with the further provisions of the Treason & Felony Act, 1848.

In addition, I must advise that the Treason & Felony Act of 1848 provides that it is a Criminal Offence for Subjects of the Crown to give aid or comfort to Traitors, and that this offence is punishable by imprisonment for life.

I am concerned for my own position and I must ask you to cease and desist from all treacherous conduct & financial arrangements, without delay.

Unless I receive your written assurance that the Corporation will issue an immediate public apology for all Treason committed thus far, with your further guarantee that the Corporation will cease and desist from all and any conduct that fails to maintain the Supremacy of the British Crown, then I must give fair warning of my intention to discontinue the payment of all such moneys as are now being applied to the financial support of the BBC.

I look forward to receipt of your immediate response to this present letter and I give notice that payments in support of the BBC will be suspended, unless I receive a satisfactory response within 14 days of this present date.

Yours faithfully,

(Sign Here)

The second letter you need to send: after none response
EACH PERSON TO KEEP A COPY OF THIS LETTER FOR THEIR OWN RECORDS (ATTACHED TO THE CERTIFICATE OF POSTING BY RECORDED DELIVERY)

Put Personal Name & Address here
Put Date Here.

Sir Michael Lyons
The Chairman, By 1st Class Post
BBC, Recorded Delivery.
Broadcast centre,
201 Wood Lane,
London
W12 7TP

Dear Sir Michael Lyons

Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848
Notice Before Action.

Your records will show that I have not received a satisfactory reply to my letter of the ???????, and I must now advise that I am no longer able to support the BBC.

As from today, all payments in respect of a television licence have been cancelled..

Yours faithfully,

(Sign Here)
Download Word file of letter 2

NOTE – A COPY OF THIS LETTER TO BE KEPT WITH THE COPY OF THE 1ST LETTER – READY FOR PRODUCTION WHEN AN OFFICER OF THE TELEVISION LICENSING AUTHORITY VISITS THE PROPERTY.

AT THE TIME OF ANY SUCH VISIT, ACTION TO BE TAKEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:
NOTES FOR GUIDANCE IN RE TV LICENCE

For Use/Application When/If you receive a personal visit from a representative of the TV Licensing Authority - AND NOT BEFORE –
You should warmly invite the representative of the Authority into your home, and conduct him/her to a comfortable chair from which he/she can easily see your television, whilst holding a cup of tea/coffee etc that you have provided.
NB. Your Visitor will be totally unaccustomed to warmth of reception &/or hospitality – and the move of making him/her entirely comfortable with you SHOULD serve to provide you with ‘The High Ground’ that is necessary for you to conduct the ongoing exercise.

PLEASE ARRANGE TO TAKE A FULL RECORDING OF ALL ONGOING CONVERSATION – HAVING ADVISED YOUR VISITOR THAT THE TAPE-MACHINE IS SWITCHED ON AND THAT THE CONTENT OF THE TAPE WILL BE PRODUCED IN EVIDENCE, AS NECESSARY.
At this point, YOU MUST TAKE A FULL COPY OF THE IDENTITY CARD THAT HE/SHE IS REQUIRED TO CARRY AT ALL TIMES, whilst explaining to him/her that you need a copy of the card for your own legal file, AND FOR ALL PURPOSES OF IDENTIFYING HIM/HER WHEN YOU ARE APPLYING TO THE COURT FOR WITNESS ORDERS.
NB. Have a Cloth available to mop up any tea or coffee that may be spilled by your visitor at this point of the proceedings!
Having obtained the required clear photo-copy of the Identity Card, then you must switch on the TV as necessary, for all purposes of ensuring that your visitor can see for himself/herself that you possess a TV Set that is fully operational.

NB. A demonstration of several different channels may be both useful & necessary, because it is unlikely that your visitor will belong to an intelligent species!
When you are satisfied that your visitor is fully aware of the fact that you are using (and have demonstrated to him/her) an operational TV set, you should then advise your visitor, as follows –

a) The Treason & Felony Act 1848 forbids you to give Aid or Comfort to Traitors, on penalty of imprisonment for life – and this same Act provides for all accomplices to Treason to be similarly imprisoned!

Has he/she considered the great possibility that he/she is now being called upon to act as an accomplice to Treason?

You advise him/her that a Senior Official of the BBC has openly-confessed that the BBC has wilfully committed a most deliberate Act of Treason Against the Crown, and that the taped evidence of this confession now exists and will be produced to the Courts, as necessary.

In view of this information, the legal responsibility to withhold from the BBC ALL funds and ALL co-operation of any kind, is now imposed upon you, for the foreseeable future.

b) The Royal Charter which provides for the legal existence of the BBC places the burden of responsibility for maintaining the terms of the Charter squarely on the BBC itself, both directly and by all Agents & Servants of the Corporation, including both him/her and his/her own employers – and a Senior Official of the BBC has publicly acknowledged that the terms of the Charter have NOT been maintained.

Once again, the evidence in support of your claim will be provided to the Courts, as necessary and in due time.

NB. Provide your visitor with no detailed information in re a) & b) because the burden of establishing all/any allegations made against you is a matter for him/her, and not a matter for you!

If he/she conducts a full and diligent investigation into your allegations for himself/herself, then he/she will find confirmation of your Statements for himself/herself – and will then find that he.she is unwilling to proceed against you.

On the other hand, if he/she fails to investigate your claims in full, then the evidence placed before the Courts will serve to demonstrate that he/she has failed to conduct a full and necessary investigation, before bringing the issues to trial.
Finally, and in an attempt to be helpful to him/her, you can tell him/her that investigations into the management of the BBC have revealed that the BBC has been receiving massive payments from the European Union, in breach of the funding provisions made by the Royal Charter.
You should advise your visitor that there are many other breaches to the Charter, of course, but you think it fair to bring this particular breach to his/her attention, because this particular breach represents yet another action in support of the treason against the Crown, to which you have previously referred!
He/she is already on notice that he/she is to be called as a witness at any Court Proceedings, and within your conversation you can gently make him/her aware of the fact that he/she would be very wise to investigate the substance of your allegations before things are allowed to get that far!
All in all, your visitor should be invited to write to the BBC himself/ herself, asking for detailed comment and guidance on the points that you have made – Just to keep himself/herself on the right side of the law (by demon-strating in written form that he/she is innocent of any intended collaboration With Traitors & Criminals).
Needless to say, you would like a copy of any such letter, for your own Legal file.(He/She will refuse to provide any such copy, but the tape - Recording will serve to confirm your request).
In the meantime, you look forward to a further meeting with him/her, at which time he/she will be able to report on progress, and take the matter forward, as necessary.
(This part of the tape will serve to emphasise that YOU have no intention of running away from the fight – and that YOU are concerned to see the issues resolved!)

The issues are clearly very important to all concerned, and your visitor Must be assured of your utmost co-operation in making sure that these issues are properly and lawfully resolved.
I REPEAT:

Many people who have followed this procedure have not paid for their licence for many years, and have not been prosecuted for none payment – not even contacted by the BBC regarding future payment. In the very near future we will be publishing a list of people who have refused to pay, and continue to do so.

Contact Details

Email:string_image.php?ct=AAAAAQAQYN40wCbCnZqaTZDhH6xweQAAABh0TSB3KApcq5HEvAL6EOq-Z8H42NeY2TE%2C&fp=8.7&state=0&highlight=0

Comments

• what a load of rubbish
  • I'm no lawyer so I dont know if this is strictly correct or not - I would suggest that this is likely to be one of those situations where the BBC / TV Licensing Authority could afford better legal teams than most of us, and generally they would find a way around this so that you ended up paying the license fee and probably a load of court costs as well - best left alone I think!
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    140 quid tv licence or expensive legal battle/ fine

I know which i'll pay.... Its fair game I pay 11 quid a month for 30+ freeview channels... i Know sky charge more for more chanels so im content.

If you want a way around tv licence.. dont use tv.
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    I'd like to nominate the original post as The Most Stupid Post Ever.
  • Actually, I approve of paying TV licence.:o

My little bear watches ceebeebies which is a channel with quality programming, much of it original, age specific and - really important - no adverts for little bear to start 'wanting' things.

Without the money from the TV licence we would be unlikely to have Last Night of the Proms or the Festival of Remembrance at the Albert Hall, at least in their current state. Even if you do not watch them, it is surely one of those things that would make the nation that bit lesser if they were not there.

The website for the BBC is amazing, and you can find all sorts on there - it was vital to me for info when I became pregnant.

The independent BBC has managed in the past to fund things like 'Life on Earth' which would be unthinkable for a commercial station, and how about Walking with Dinosaurs? That broke the ground for others to follow and has been a great boost to entertainment.

All political parties complain about BBC bias, which generally means that there isn't any overall bias.

The BBC produces Watchdog, which is frequently referred to on these boards, and which would be much harder to fund if advertisers were involved.

The BBC produces programmes that are not commercial, but that increase the value of life. There are really good programmes produced by commercial channels, for instance Time Team, and some of the stuff on Channel Four and Five are really good. However I think some of the viewing figures for Friends help fund those (isn't some of the money distributed pro-rata?). It is just that there are more quality documentaries from the BBC, due to the way their funding works, and you still have access to things like 'The World at War' and 'Ascent of Man'.

The BBC, because it is not answerable can take more risks, which occasionally produces a Jonathan Ross but sometimes produces shows like that of John Peel.

So, for less money than I would spend on a non-tabloid newspaper every day I get a great deal, and so do a lot of other people who wouldn't care less about Walking with Dinosaurs but really enjoy the rugby, or Radio One, or the Weakest Link, or the News, or Radio Three. I spend more on milk per month than I do on my TV licence.

So I don't mind paying :o
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Actually, I approve of paying TV licence.:o

Me too. Apart from the occasional programme on ITV3/4 I watch BBC channels almost exclusively. I also listen to Radios 4,5 and 7, especially the Test Match coverage. £12 per month is good value for all this.
  • I must admit I'm intrigued!
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    For all it's faults and there are plenty, the BBC is a great institution and well worth 38p a day.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As others have said i dont see how writing to the bbc will help, i dont mind paying the license,
  • I don't condone this sort of attempt to get around paying a legitimate charge for a good service.

Taking full advantage of a genuine discount or offer by a company is one thing - even when the company has miscalculated and ends up losing loads of money.

But trying to find spurious reasons for getting out the licence fee, or similar charge, is outside of what I consider reasonable. We can't get everything for nothing.
    MyMoneyFish
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport