Bosch Classixx dishwasher not working

Our dishwasher has stopped working after a couple of days sounding a bit strange. The light goes on but the water isnt going in. DH has investigated and cant see anything obvious. I wondered if anyone had had a similar problem and has any info on what could be wrong with it & how we fix it?
Its quite a few years old so wont still be under warranty.

Comments

• It it's nothing obvious and a few years old I would start looking for a replacement.
  • If it was making strange sounds then it may have a pump problem or a blocked drain.

I am not sure of the prices of Bosch parts but it may be worth getting someone to take the back off and check the basics before you write it off.

Bosch seem to have a good reputation unlike most modern dishwashers.

This site has a lot of good information.
    “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
  • milliejo wrote: »
    Our dishwasher has stopped working after a couple of days sounding a bit strange. The light goes on but the water isnt going in. DH has investigated and cant see anything obvious. I wondered if anyone had had a similar problem and has any info on what could be wrong with it & how we fix it?
    Its quite a few years old so wont still be under warranty.

Throw a washing up bowls worth of water into it first,all of the programs on ours start with a water discharge. That will show you if the pump is working.

Make sure that the inlet pipe and the outlet pipe are not kinked / trapped.

Make sure that the tap has not been accidentally closed , whilst you were moving the bleach and cleaning stuff about.

It's the simple things that get you! ;)
  • milliejo
    milliejo Posts: 318 Forumite
    thank you for your helpful suggestions.have checked the very helpful recommended website and also checked everything as davethetaller suggests and the water is draining out but not coming in. Dh seems to now think it might be the circuit board. I think we will have to wash up by hand for a few weeks whilst we decide what to do
  • basmic
    basmic Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Everybody is equal; However some are more equal than others.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    In some machines there is a safety device where if there is a leak into the base of the machine, a float thing rises and this cuts off the incoming water. Check whether you have any water in the base, not the bit where the dishes are washed but the base of the outer casing.

This just happened to my son's DW, once his dad emptied out the water it started up again. If it is that, and it recurs , then you must have a leak somewhere.
  • milliejo
    thanks everyone for their suggestions - have tried them all but nothing has worked so looks like we will have to get a new one
  • milliejo, we have had this problem with our classix & it's only 2 years old. With ours it seems to be a faulty valve? Try turning your dishwasher on & lifting the front about an inch or more to see if the noise changes to water coming in. If this happens you should get a full wash cycle, as we do. As a temporary measure we prop the machine up for a couple of washes & then try it flat to see if it works normally - thankfully this seems to work. I know it's not a great solution but it might work.
  • milliejo
    thank you sweetserendipity - we will try what you suggest & let you know
  • Thank you so much!!!!

We were going to buy a new washing machine. We tipped it as suggested it works!!!!! thanks!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure