National Grid Gas Connection Quote

2»

Comments

• bosseyed
    bosseyed Posts: 475 Forumite
    I paid around £550 (this is in Bristol) for a new gas connection to a new gas meter - for that Wales and West dug a ruddy great hole in the pavement, another by the front door where the new meter box went approx 5m from the pavement (they had to go down a hell of a way there.....) and moled the new gas line between the two following the line of an old, blocked and disused gas main that used to enter the property but was never connected up.

So £612 doesn't seem too bad to me.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Why drag up a post that is nearly 18 months old?
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    This is a mega interesting post as I'm shortly going to have gas supply laid to a property.
  • minibbb
    minibbb Posts: 342 Forumite
    Ive bought another flat in the block and the new gas supply is going to cost me £798, double the amount it cost me last year if you see my earlier post!!
  • phill99 wrote: »
    Why drag up a post that is nearly 18 months old?

Why not, if it's still relevant?
  • Just to report back. National grid finally coughed up £250 because they took so long to give me a date for connection. The process took the best part of 3 months and was nearly cancelled on the day because the team doing the digging didn't have the right signs and traffic lights dropped off. My advice would be when they ask you to confirm that you have no skips or scaffolding outside your place that you get them to confirm in return that they have the signs on order. If they had rescheduled the job there is no way I would have got gas installed this year. Whilst their terms and conditions do specify a maximum time for giving you a date for installation, they don't seem to set out how long you should have to wait for the digging to start. Their T & Cs are called business rules.

Although national grid say they don't install meters (I had to order that separately from a gas provider), the bloke who installed it was driving a national grid van.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure