PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

make your own pouffe/footstool

Hi, :)
I recently saw a beautiful Lawrence Lewelyn Brown pouffe in Matalan(can't find pic online) but couldn't bring myself to spend that much money for it so I'm deciding to make my own. Does anyone know of any templates/sizing info that could help me or any step by step instructions? Any sewing experts out there that could help me out? I really don't want to mess it up as the fabric will cost a bit too.:o

TIA:beer:

Comments

• Snaxi
    Snaxi Posts: 2 Newbie
    This is pretty self-explanatory :)

http
    ://
    www dot craftbits dot com
    / project /
    fluffy-foot-pouffe

im not allowed yet to post links :) hope it helps
    (no spaces)
  • jtz
    jtz Posts: 1,423
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just an update:

Made a pouffe VERY smimilar to this one, using these instructions. I am very impressed with it and it looks lovely, i put small crystals on the corners of the top octagon and used a loose satin style fabric but lined with old curtains. Just a note the smaller one is actually quite a bit big.

HTH someone
  • daisyroger
    daisyroger Posts: 55 Forumite
    Hi
    I am good in craft work and made much of home decor accessories like duvet covers, floor cushion covers or pouffe for my home. As I am a new member here so I can't place the link of my blog where I post the tutorial of home made pouffe.
    Well I can advice you to take a look on the list of blogs and I am sure that you will get a right tutorial how to make home made pouffe.
    Thanks
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Made me think, as an oldie, back to the 50s when my mum used to make pouffes out of the tall National Dried Milk tins. She was loathe to throw them out, would pad them out with whatever she had around and cover them with fabric. They turned out well.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I once made a makeshift pouffe out of a stack of magazines, tied together with string, an old cushion pad on top, then covered it in fabric which was secured on the bottom with masking tape.

It worked quite well. :)
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You could buy an old coffee table, paint it, buy a foam pad (like the style you get for re-stuffing sofas), cut the pad to size of the table and staple a bit of fabric over it. Similar to:

http://youtu.be/BaWYP5O0K0M
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure