We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Finalist to win a Mercedes? Hoax or scam? Anyone else?

Pursey
Pursey Posts: 288
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 10 June 2011 at 11:35AM in I won! I won! I won!
Hiya,

I was checking through my junk box when I found an email from Aldaniti International Network telling me that I am a finalist in a competition for a Mercedes. I remember entering the competition, but am not sure if it is a hoax or not. Anyone any idea? This is what I got. logol_m.jpg
arriba_UK.jpgpico_d.png
Publicity
We remind you that this publicity is exclusive to Aldaniti's clients
Clients like you have registered on one of our promotions which allow you to participate in various competitions

v.php?cod=15264&pk=MTgzNTc2NzU%3Dk9x&v1=MDAwMDA%3Dk9x&v2=MTk3Ny0wMS0wMQ%3D%3Dk9x&v3=TQ%3D%3Dk9x&cat=1&pr=MTUyNjQ%3D Hi **********
We have reviewed your registration details and they have been validated succesfully.
Congratulations, you are one of the finalists to be able to receive the Mercedes car you have chosen.
In order to get the prize that suits you, we would like to give you the option to customize it the way you want.
To customize your chosen Mercedes car
Thanks for participating with us. We wish you the best of luck.
Aldaniti.net Team

In this message we include the email *************. which you registered with
You registered on our web on the day MjAxMS0wNi on one of our promotions
This email has been sent in reflection to your chosen preferences of notification of availability to receive information

Aldaniti respects their clients and offers all the security which the current legislations demand
we are commited to the privacy statement of our clients details

pico_i.pngcierre_UK.jpg
logo_cierrel_m.jpg

If you want to change your details send an email to [EMAIL="info@aldaniti.net"]info@aldaniti.net[/EMAIL]
Aldaniti offers you the possibility to stop recieving offers

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,468
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Not sure, but that link gives your name so is obviously personal to you so I'd remove it. Have you googled it?

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Yeah found that in my spam today, good job I used a separate email (thought it looked trouble when I entered) because since I entered that, it has been spammed badly by this lot. If you click it you can customise your car, along with lots of other options and tick boxes to try and avoid!
    Comp wins - July: UEFA Champions League highlights DVD, Cricket Shirt, Digital Skills Kit
  • Pursey
    Forumite
    Thanks for that. Sorry new to this. What do I Google? Just the name of the company or competition?
  • Pursey
    Forumite
    Yeah found that in my spam today, good job I used a separate email (thought it looked trouble when I entered) because since I entered that, it has been spammed badly by this lot. If you click it you can customise your car, along with lots of other options and tick boxes to try and avoid!

Are you leaving it then I take it?
  • donna-c-86
    donna-c-86 Posts: 139 Forumite
    i entered this and havent recieved anything...
    x :heart: x
  • Pursey wrote: »
    Are you leaving it then I take it?

No I went through all the options etc. and completed it, you will also find another email from them asking you to confirm your entry. I found that sent to me (in spam) from the day I entered.

There is also an email they provide to remove you from their database info@aldaniti . net.
    Comp wins - July: UEFA Champions League highlights DVD, Cricket Shirt, Digital Skills Kit
  • Pursey
    Forumite
    In the brief second that I posted the the link, someone unsubscribed me, so now I can't continue with my entry!!! Whoever it was, that was out of order.
  • I recieved this email last night aswell and I remember entering the comp 2. It seemed a bit suspect 2 me though so I deleted it.
    When u go on it, it wont let u go any further without signing up to another load of stuff.
    Get rid if i were u.
    Let hope u get a legit win sooonn!! xxx
  • Pursey
    Forumite
    Thanks. I am hoping it is a scam, especially as I can't continue with my entry now. Looking at some posts from last year, it appears that a similar thing happened with a Mini.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,468
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Not sounding good from what others have said so I'd not worry. If they've had emails too, it's just a way of getting your details to spam you with a load of other stuff.

No idea if they eventually send out a prize, but I'd be inclined to view it negatively.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family