Can i work for avon with bad credit??

hi,
i am new to posting on this site but regulary use it i need to make some extra money to help make a dent in some of my debt i really want to become an avon rep as i know i would be able to sell lots as i have asked about and plenty of people seem interested in buying. However i notice on one of the threads the mention of a credit check !!!! i would never ever pass this so does this mean i won t be able to work for them ?? is there any way round this, any help would be greatly appreciated as would any other money making ideas thanks xx:;)

Comments

• well i have (had) a horrendous credit rating when i applied to avon and it went through fine! but i think someone else was rejected because their credit rating was ''less than perfect'' ! so i think just have a go! it worked for me!
  • elliep_2
    elliep_2 Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    By all means try with Avon, I don't know what their policies are. If they won't take you then have a think about the body shop at home. It costs £95 to buy your kit but then you have everything you need and there is no credit check whatsoever. If Avon doesn't work out then take a look at the body shop thread or PM me.
  • connacher
    connacher Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    i have a very bad credit history too and i got accepted to avon no probs not with them anymore tho. i would just appyl for it. nothing lost if you do. good luck with it.
    i used to hate it when aunts and grans would come up to me at weddings pinch my cheeks and say "your next, your next". well they stoped that crap when i started to do the same to them at funerals:rotfl:
  • sparky23
    sparky23 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Hi there, I was a sales leader for Avon for some time.
    As long as you dont owe Avon money then you should be fine, If your credit rating is poor they will set a credit limit on your fist order for eg: £150 as long as you pay it in time your 2nd order will double the credit limit ot £300 and so on......

Hope this helps :)
  • rachel83_2
    rachel83_2 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Hi i am also an avon rep and have a less than perfect credit limit to say the least, i am building my credit back up now but if you are honest with your sales leader and make her aware of your credit then she will make sure it is ok, you will start with a low credit limit mine was £300 when i started and as sparky said every time you pay off your limit this is doubled, if you have any questions or need any help then pm me and i will see if i can help even if it is for a test signup to be 100% sure you will be able to do it.
    :rolleyes:september:£22 jackpotjoy,screensaver,£50 thomas cook voucher
  • Dick_here
    Dick_here Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you live somewhere where someone has previously been an Avon rep and left owing money then you may also not be accepted.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • sometimes if you ahve bad credit rating they will get you to pay your first order up front but you may just find they put a limit on your first order - as long as you havnt done avon before and owe them money you will be fine - i signed someone who owed them less than £5 from before and they refused her until she paid that first - try it and see
  • what kind of questions do they ask for the credit checks? is it just the usual that you get asked in all credit checks? i.e. name/dob/address for last 3 years etc or do they ask who you owe what to like some companies do? thanks x
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    when they fill in the contract form, we need your dob, name, address, previous address if you have lived their less than 2 years.....then we just ask if you are married/single, rent/mortgage, if you have a bank account and roughly how long you've had it, if you have credit cards, and if you have any catalogues....you will also need to show 2 forms of ID. The questions are just little tick boxes for most of them, doesn't take long at all!
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • thanks lozza, I am thinking about starting Avon but like a lot of people here I dont have great credit rating so I was a bit worried they'd turn me down. Another question, I didnt really wanna get assigned to a territory as such, as I only wanted to do family and friends ...i reckon I will get enough orders from them tbh...do u think avon would allow this or do you have to do a certain 'area'. thanks for your help x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure