Replacing back boiler for combi..cost???

Hi.
We are house hunting at the moment and one of the houses we are interested in has an old fashioned back boiler with gas fire(not sure if its a Baxi).
Was just wondering how much it would cost to take out the old fire and boiler and repalce it with a modern combination boiler.
Could not do any of the work myself.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Bang
    Bang Posts: 51 Forumite
    I'm doing exactly that next week! After 6 CORGI quotes(we're in Scotland) we've going with a quote of £4350. That is for the old system removed and a combi put in the loft with all new piping and radiators.
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    approx 2k/3k depending on where you live.
    Get some gorm.
  • Were in Bristol.
    I dont think we would require the radiators or pipework replaced,but suppose there would be a lot of work involved in blanking off the old boiler and fitting the new combination boiler somewhere with the pipework running to it.
  • Bang
    Bang Posts: 51 Forumite
    George&Ade wrote: »
    Were in Bristol.
    I dont think we would require the radiators or pipework replaced,but suppose there would be a lot of work involved in blanking off the old boiler and fitting the new combination boiler somewhere with the pipework running to it.

We've old plastic piping so basically starting from scratch! And having the combi put in the loft is by choice but dearer. As the other guy says probably 2 to 3k for a combi put downstairs say in kitchen.

Like me though you need to decide to close off the chimney, brick up and put an electric fire over it. More money but not much compared the £'s you're spending anyway! :rolleyes:
  • Many thanks for replies.
    Sounds like its going to be a bit expensive.
    Maybe the seller will have to drop his asking price;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure