my mms car insurance premium

i took out a ppi on my car in 2007 and a month ago i took voluntary redundancy from my work as the labour manager said that the majority of us were prob going to get paid off anyway , so i claimed to mms premiums and they said as i took voluntary redundancy my claim was invalid , but i tried to tell them my work had more or less stated i was going to get paid off so i went voluntarily , do i have a case to fight this ppi

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    pogfb wrote: »
    i took out a ppi on my car in 2007 and a month ago i took voluntary redundancy from my work as the labour manager said that the majority of us were prob going to get paid off anyway , so i claimed to mms premiums and they said as i took voluntary redundancy my claim was invalid , but i tried to tell them my work had more or less stated i was going to get paid off so i went voluntarily , do i have a case to fight this ppi

Hello and welcome.

Yes I think you do, so give it a go, its worthless to you and your basically wasting money.

For more info on this, check out the link below, you will find useful guidelines or reclaiming, a checklist of mis selling reasons, so write what applies to you in your letter, there are also template letters, you can use them if you want to or as a guide, post by recorded delivery, this is your proof of posting.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck and please keep us posted and ask for help when required.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pogfb
    pogfb Posts: 8 Forumite
    who is it i should write to is it the mms premium or the financial oumbudsman, ive paid £15 a month since 2007 and car is to be paid over 3 years so it is nearly paid off , but the company have rejected my claim to pay it for me as above said i took redundancy voluntarily
  • pogfb
    pogfb Posts: 8 Forumite
    anybodyy with more info on this please help before i go ahead as i wasnt a strong case
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    who is it i should write to is it the mms premium or the financial oumbudsman, ive paid £15 a month since 2007 and car is to be paid over 3 years so it is nearly paid off , but the company have rejected my claim to pay it for me as above said i took redundancy voluntarily
    You would write to the ones that actually sold you the policy (was it a garage that sold you this) for a misselling complaint.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite

Hi

You write first to MMS, and if they do not resolve in your favour by 8 weeks they are entitled to, then you can move your complaint on to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).
    Post by recorded delivery, for your proof of posting.

For ideas on letters, you will find template letters on the link below, with useful guidelines of reclaiming.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • I was made redundant and applied for my mortgage cover, it took nearly 4 months to come through. I had to explain the whole company closed including the HR department....nightmare. During this time I've signed on and started marketing and researching what I can do self employed.

You are allowed if under 16 hours ...yes I know this is a grey area. Which I phoned to ask MMS about for advice and never received any.

I've genuinely applied for jobs and attended interviews in the meantime. I come within a few days of finishing my Job Centre claim as I've organised to go onto the New Enterprise scheme, which you can only do after 6 months. Then my wife gets strange phone calls asking where I am...... Actually I'm in the local pub using their wifi during the day as we have teething baby in the house. Then I get a surprise visit from a private investigative firm asking a million questions about my private life for nearly 2 hours.

--- I was cancelling the claim anyway
    I wasnt making any money

Anyway I had to pass on details about what I inherited from my dead mother and my fathers financial affairs and why didn't I tell MMS I was advertising for work on twitter !

If you want stress and be a walking commission for a 20 something girl in an office 200 miles away, blindly following protocol just because you haven't stated your correct shoe size, and you have used Linkedin to try and make a career then MMS are definitely the firm to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure