Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The advantage of calling them up is that they can do an instant transfer. Not sure if you can do it instantly online as I just phoned.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    samizdat wrote: »
    So I need to hold off applying to the AA until 23 March, or thereabouts.

No you don't need to wait to apply. If you want to open one of these I would suggest you make the online application now, which just prompts a pre-filled in form to be sent to you. The account isn't opened until they receive the returned form and deposit cheque. At least if you do it now, you'll have the form ready to send to them to get there as soon after the bank holiday (6th April) as possible.
  • samizdat
    samizdat Posts: 398 Forumite
    10_66 wrote: »
    No you don't need to wait to apply. If you want to open one of these I would suggest you make the online application now, which just prompts a pre-filled in form to be sent to you. The account isn't opened until they receive the returned form and deposit cheque. At least if you do it now, you'll have the form ready to send to them to get there as soon after the bank holiday (6th April) as possible.
    Actually, the thing is I already have an AA Savings account. When I applied for the ISA just now, the account was opened immediately. I was told the money would automatically come from my linked account within 10 working days, unless I opted to pay in by cheque (which I did, of course). So fingers crossed the account is kept open for new customers until 23rd.

I suppose, if the account is withdrawn, I can just opt not to fund the account, and open another one for the 2012/13 financial year.
  • saintalan
    saintalan Posts: 562 Forumite
    Just read through the last few pages of this great thread, so consider this a sticky bump!
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    samizdat wrote: »
    Oh, great, the Santander website confirms intra-company transfers are acceptable - no need to call them.

Could you please provide a link for this as I've been trying to establish this info myself.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    exel1966 wrote: »
    Could you please provide a link for this as I've been trying to establish this info myself.
    From the <Santander website>
    If you wish to transfer an existing Santander cash ISA to another Santander cash ISA simply:
    • Visit any Santander branch or call 0845 600 0181.
    Hope that's what you are looking for.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • samizdat
    samizdat Posts: 398 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2012 at 1:12AM
    exel1966 wrote: »
    http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.Abbeycom&canal=CABBEYCOM&cid=1237836201044&empr=Abbeycom&leng=en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FPage%2FWC_ACOM_TemplateA1

I actually also rang up and did an internal transfer, as others advised here, so I can confirm this does work. Edit: I used 0800 587 2764 though, not the 0845 listed in the link! Edit#2: Consumerist beat me to it!
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cheshire BS Direct Cash ISA (issue 1) rate increasing to 3.50%

https://www.emoneyfacts.co.uk/news/savings-news.aspx?newsarticleid=214165
    Stompa
  • Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning,

Thanks for pointing our the increase Stompa. Makes it a very attractive account for me now.

All the best,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • Bonus is 2.50% btw, nor 2.16% as stated on front page
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills