Vokera Combi Boiler Losing Pressure

My 10 year old boiler has a leak and loses pressure, have re-pressurised it but need to keep the filling cap on to stop it losing water.
Is it worth fixing or better to replace?
Any ideas what the problem might be (why it is leaking). Not technically minded!:confused:

Comments

• gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    HI there,
    From what my repair man told me when my boiler kept losing pressure was that the seal had come away or perished and needed replacing. This is probably what has happened to yours:o
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Hi

Replace filling loop.

Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Surely it could be the pressure release valve by passing?-what will replacing filling loop do? just asking, not trying to be clever.
  • Canucklehead
    have re-pressurised it but need to keep the filling cap on to stop it losing water.
    I think that means the filling loop. Maybe SCRIBES could confirm?

Constantly topping up a system will do it no good

Corgi Guy.
  • I have same problem with Vokera boiler. What long term damage does topping up do? Still waiting for an engineer to come out and toppping up twice a day. Have researched this and common theme seems to be problems with expansion vessel or pressure relief valve.
    Thanks BB
  • Canucklehead
    BaboonBoy wrote: »
    I have same problem with Vokera boiler. What long term damage does topping up do? Still waiting for an engineer to come out and toppping up twice a day. Have researched this and common theme seems to be problems with expansion vessel or pressure relief valve.
    Thanks BB

Research corrosion in heating systems. Fernox is a good site.

Corgi Guy.
  • change pressure release valve first, i have this same problem now i refil boiler and it drips straight out of pipe to outside wall, fitter has taken valve out and it is not working properly, cost of part should be under £20, try expansion vessel after this if it dont work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure