'Wrong card for this set top box' sky digital message

Hello!

We recently got out skydigibox replaced as it was knackered. The new one works fine, but when I try and buy a film on the box office I get the message 'This is the wrong card for this set top box. Insert the correct Sky viewing card. Call 08702404040 for assistance'

I don't want to call them if it is something I can do myself - any ideas?

Comments

• As far as I know you have to call them as it is something they need to stuff on their end.

However on saynoto0870.com there are two alternativies to the expensive 0870 number.

0800 5875707 or 01506 831780

So although you may have to call them you can do it the moneysaving way!

Graeme
  • brinky_2
    brinky_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    The $ky box and card are paired (the 'engineer' should have done this for you), so if you take your card round to your friends house they can't watch $ky on your subscription.

Usually it only causes a problem with 'premium' channels such as $ky movies or $ky sports.

You do have to phone $ky. There will be no problem pairing them up for you. $ky really dont care what box your card is paired up with as long as you pay your subscription.

People can buy boxes from ebay and independent companies and have to phone for the box and card to be paired. Give them a call I think they need your box serial number and your card number. They send a pairing signal via satellite and all should be well in less than 30 mins.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi

Which would be the cheapest number to call sky support on from a mobile phone? :mad: pains me to have to but no landline at the moment and my sky is knackered. Just called from my office but I need to be in front of the tv DAMN!

Thanks
  • SJ

Make sure your card is in the right slot. Newer HD boxes for example have an "interactive card" slot above the flip down cover where the viewing card goes.

It's possible you have placed the card in the wrong slot.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I thought you had to have a landline to have sky? Am I wrong?
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • davb
    davb Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    I think people are getting confused by re-opening a 3 year old thread:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills